Fast Cigar over Virginia Beach

First thing I noticed was this is a time lapse video, appears to show several hours of recording in about one minute. (Sunset in Virginia Beach on 30 Jan was 5:27 PM, image appears at 12:35 AM.) Pretty sure that's an airplane, probably soon after takeoff, made to look very fast by the time lapse video. If you look at the still photo that heads the article, you can see the navigation lights on the wings. If we knew exactly where the camera was located, we'd be able to figure out which airport or military airfield was involved.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne
First thing I noticed was this is a time lapse video, appears to show several hours of recording in about one minute. (Sunset in Virginia Beach on 30 Jan was 5:27 PM, image appears at 12:35 AM.) Pretty sure that's an airplane, probably soon after takeoff, made to look very fast by the time lapse video. If you look at the still photo that heads the article, you can see the navigation lights on the wings. If we knew exactly where the camera was located, we'd be able to figure out which airport or military airfield was involved.
I saw it was time lapse just by the cloud movements! I'm learning what to look for...lol

Reactions: Lynne
I saw it was time lapse just by the cloud movements! I'm learning what to look for...lol
Me too, Duke has taught me a lot regarding these videos.