Farmers' Almanac predicts...

I will be prepared for it. I have always liked to read the farmer's almanac. Their weather predictions are based on the cyclic nature of weather over a long period. They are not always spot on but their predictions have been right a lot more often than totally wrong so it isn't just a wild guess that they are throwing out.

People that live close to the land have long noticed the cyclic nature of weather and use the farmer's almanac more as a possible thing than as one set in stone. Waiting a couple of weeks to plant is way cheaper than planting and getting things nipped in the bud and having to replant.

I have known a lot of farming people that are very trusting of the weather information in the almanacs. I think that it is just a matter of noticeable odds. If, say they predict an early frost they will be right more often than wrong. If you ignore it, the times that they were wrong won't have much effect on you BUT if they were right and you lose a planting you will remember that.

There is a lot of info in them. I used it for tide information when fishing in saltwater. I liked being able to look up the moon stages and so plan some things for the full or new moon in the future.

Wow, it's already time to get a new almanac! And I sincerely hope it isn't going to be a really cold winter. I love snow, but I hate frigid temps and ice.

Reactions: Lone Wolf and Debi
I will have my guys keep a look out for the wooly worms. Haven't heard what they are looking like just yet.

Reactions: garnetsilver
If I saw a hornet's nest as big as the one in the picture, I would be VERY worried.

I will be prepared for it. I have always liked to read the farmer's almanac. Their weather predictions are based on the cyclic nature of weather over a long period. They are not always spot on but their predictions have been right a lot more often than totally wrong so it isn't just a wild guess that they are throwing out.

People that live close to the land have long noticed the cyclic nature of weather and use the farmer's almanac more as a possible thing than as one set in stone. Waiting a couple of weeks to plant is way cheaper than planting and getting things nipped in the bud and having to replant.

I have known a lot of farming people that are very trusting of the weather information in the almanacs. I think that it is just a matter of noticeable odds. If, say they predict an early frost they will be right more often than wrong. If you ignore it, the times that they were wrong won't have much effect on you BUT if they were right and you lose a planting you will remember that.

There is a lot of info in them. I used it for tide information when fishing in saltwater. I liked being able to look up the moon stages and so plan some things for the full or new moon in the future.
The world does seem to repeat patterns of weather. I like the almanac for all its little fun facts and helpful tips. What are winters like in Texas? Does it get very cold? Snow? It is tough in MI. I’m over it.

Reactions: garnetsilver
The world does seem to repeat patterns of weather. I like the almanac for all its little fun facts and helpful tips. What are winters like in Texas? Does it get very cold? Snow? It is tough in MI. I’m over it.
Whatever you do, don't move to Florida! I lived there for about ten years and am well over heat , bugs and humidity!