Famous actor from Lost in Space Mark Goddard dies at 87

Lynne

Art Bell fan
Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score

I think all teenage girls had a crush on him when he came on screen. So handsome in his youth. Another icon from my youth gone. Rest in peace Mr. Goddard, Don West to most of us who remember.

Reactions: garnetsilver

I think all teenage girls had a crush on him when he came on screen. So handsome in his youth. Another icon from my youth gone. Rest in peace Mr. Goddard, Don West to most of us who remember.
I talked to Mark Goddard several years ago when he was a guest on the trivia/nostalgia show I listen to on Saturday nights on WBZ out of Boston. By that time he had retired from acting and was a teacher in a Massachusetts public school. Really a pleasant guy, very down to earth.

I asked him about the on screen hostile dynamic between his character and that of Dr Smith (Jonathan Harris) and if there were any blooper reels of their scenes together. He chucked and said there were, but as far as he knew they were not in the public domain, and in any event most of them could not be played on air or in polite company.

I talked to Mark Goddard several years ago when he was a guest on the trivia/nostalgia show I listen to on Saturday nights on WBZ out of Boston. By that time he had retired from acting and was a teacher in a Massachusetts public school. Really a pleasant guy, very down to earth.

I asked him about the on screen hostile dynamic between his character and that of Dr Smith (Jonathan Harris) and if there were any blooper reels of their scenes together. He chucked and said there were, but as far as he knew they were not in the public domain, and in any event most of them could not be played on air or in polite company.
How cool to have met him. He became a regular teacher? not an acting coach! Was his on-screen friction just written in the script, or did they really not get along?

Reactions: garnetsilver
How cool to have met him. He became a regular teacher? not an acting coach! Was his on-screen friction just written in the script, or did they really not get along?
Don't remember what he was teaching, but he was at a public school. He said he and Harris got on well.

Ask a kid watching the show, I kept hoping Don would clean Smith's clock! Just beat the arrogance and the snot right out of him.

Mrs. Robinson asks what happened, Professor Robinson shrugs with a grin and replies "he slipped on a bar of soap".

Reactions: Lynne and Duke