Fame!

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

WOULD YOU WANT TO BE FAMOUS?

IF SO, WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE FAMOUS FOR?

Watching the Hollywood dramas out there, I know I wouldn't want my every move to be known by all. I've done one podcast interview and been offered to appear on several others and decided nope! Not for me! I prefer being a low flying owl.

On a few different occasions I've had my "fifteen minutes of fame," including having a brief article written about me in a national magazine back in the 80s, having my own articles published, and appearing as a guest on radio talk shows. In each instance, I wound up getting letters, calls, and interview requests. Even had a guy show up at my door once.

For the most part those contacting me were courteous, a few were jerks. Thankfully each of those instances were relatively short-lived, and no I would not want to be famous for any extended period of time.

On a few different occasions I've had my "fifteen minutes of fame," including having a brief article written about me in a national magazine back in the 80s, having my own articles published, and appearing as a guest on radio talk shows. In each instance, I wound up getting letters, calls, and interview requests. Even had a guy show up at my door once.

For the most part those contacting me were courteous, a few were jerks. Thankfully each of those instances were relatively short-lived, and no I would not want to be famous for any extended period of time.
Very cool!

Reactions: garnetsilver
The closest I have come to being "famous" was a photo in the local paper when I was a kid of me and my friend riding a tobaggan down the mountain in the snow. The article was about everyone enjoying the snow in the mountains. I do not want any kind of fame.

My daughter was briefly famous four times when she wasn't even six years old yet. The first time, we were downtown, shopping for Christmas. A local television crew was there, filming people who were listening to the Salvation Army workers who were singing Christmas carols. They zoomed in on my daughter who was looking cute in her wool hat, muffler and gloves, and we saw her briefly on the six o'clock news.

The second time I was volunteering at a local shelter and I was asked to let her pose with some homeless children playing on the floor. Her picture ended up in that brochure, and the third time she posed for the front cover of a United way brochure. Finally, she was asked to film a short commercial for a department store, and they paid her. She was extremely photogenic, I guess! I tend to shy away from cameras, lol.

I wouldn't want it. I keep a low profile IRL and that's just me. I do believe I may have had my fifteen minutes of fame at age 12. Our school was holding a T-shirt design contest and the subject pertained to science. I vaguely remember what my original design was, but I scrapped it in favor of a man shooting through space in rocket boots saying, 'The very best of Science, is yet to come.'

I won first place not in just the school, but the state and the T-shirt went on to be displayed in a Museum in San Antonio. Nearly 30 years later I still remember that moment as if it were yesterday. My mother kept a copy of the shirt, and my dad still has it to this day.