Fall Food

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

IT'S TIME FOR THE FALL FOOD THREAD!
(THIS COMES FROM MY BOREDOM WITH MY CURRENT MENU.)
OK, WHO'S GOT SOME GOOD IDEAS FOR FALL FOOD?
AND WHAT DO YOU LOOK FORWARD TO AS A FALL FOOD ITEM?
ONE OF MY FAVORITES IS APPLE BUTTER AND BISCUITS!

app;e butter.jpg

Reactions: garnetsilver
I know it's likely not technically a fall food - but chili. It's next on the menu for next Friday. Slow cooker or stovetop I've found a recipe I'm going to try that calls for cocoa powder as a thickening agent with an array of spices beyond the norm I'm accustomed to using. Should be great.

I have to admit I've not made that. What's in it?
Oh, it is like beef stew but leans heavily on paprika seasoning. If you ever want to try it, there are lots of good recipes on the internet. I used to use the recipe in an old cookbook of mine but found much better ones that were more genuine.

I know it's likely not technically a fall food - but chili. It's next on the menu for next Friday. Slow cooker or stovetop I've found a recipe I'm going to try that calls for cocoa powder as a thickening agent with an array of spices beyond the norm I'm accustomed to using. Should be great.
Chili is like the CLASSIC fall food, in all it's many variations.

Oh, it is like beef stew but leans heavily on paprika seasoning. If you ever want to try it, there are lots of good recipes on the internet. I used to use the recipe in an old cookbook of mine but found much better ones that were more genuine.
OK, I shall look at a few recipes on that.

Reactions: garnetsilver