Fall Foliage

There is a section of Indiana that looks like the Shenandoah Valley. And it's right by Debi. Brown County Indiana in the fall is incredible. When my brother and I were kids Mom and Dad would take us to IU football games and we would swing by to look at all that natural beauty.
Then in college my pals and I would go take a look. Buy apple butter.
101522926_0.jpg

That's true, Steve! I remember coming home from school as a child in NJ, and kicking my way through piles of gold and red leaves. There was this one street that was coated end to end with gorgeous leaves and I always took that way home. And there is nothing like that autumn smell of fallen leaves and burning leaves.

Reactions: Selectric
There is a section of Indiana that looks like the Shenandoah Valley. And it's right by Debi. Brown County Indiana in the fall is incredible. When my brother and I were kids Mom and Dad would take us to IU football games and we would swing by to look at all that natural beauty.
View attachment 43758
It is a magical place! Right now we have fewer leaves due to wind and the color was a bit low this year due to the local drought conditions. That has not stopped the traffic headed there.

Paint, I one time made 100 pints of apple butter in my crockpot. I peeled so many dang apples I had blisters. Luckily the apples were all donated. Donated them for a charity sale.

View attachment 43758
Wow not that is spectacular!

It is a magical place! Right now we have fewer leaves due to wind and the color was a bit low this year due to the local drought conditions. That has not stopped the traffic headed there.

Paint, I one time made 100 pints of apple butter in my crockpot. I peeled so many dang apples I had blisters. Luckily the apples were all donated. Donated them for a charity sale.
Making apple butter is bigtime, annual event in Mrs Duke's family, it's like a mini family reunion.
They make it out doors in a huge cauldron over an open fire, stirring all the while with a boat oar. Not an activity I particularly enjoy, I liken it to watching paint dry.

• Big Grin
Reactions: garnetsilver