Fall Foliage

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
We're entering into the prime fall foliage viewing season. Have you ever taken a destination trip specifically to view the changing leaves? If so, where? Where was the most beautiful fall foliage you've ever seen?

we usually take a day trip to north georgia for the fall changes... i love the Shenandoah valley in virginia in the fall. there were a few areas in missouri that were really beautiful. but the most picturesque sight ive seen wasnt the leaves changeing but once comeing back from up north i stopped in a small town that i dont even remember where it was.(or what town it was).. but the night before it started snowing, it was late and i had to stop for the night. mountains, me, and snow is not a good combination...lol.....so anyways, i rounded a long mountain curve coming down into a valley and before me was a beautiful small town that was surrounded by a lake, very woodsy, and completely white from the fresh snow.... i swear it looked like something out of a hallmark movie....lol... wish i could remember where it was, but honestly i was lost and had been for a couple hours....(thought i was taking a shortcut....lol.... it was a new route i hadnt travelled for work before) glad i found it though, even if it was for just one night

we usually take a day trip to north georgia for the fall changes... i love the Shenandoah valley in virginia in the fall. there were a few areas in missouri that were really beautiful. but the most picturesque sight ive seen wasnt the leaves changeing but once comeing back from up north i stopped in a small town that i dont even remember where it was.(or what town it was).. but the night before it started snowing, it was late and i had to stop for the night. mountains, me, and snow is not a good combination...lol.....so anyways, i rounded a long mountain curve coming down into a valley and before me was a beautiful small town that was surrounded by a lake, very woodsy, and completely white from the fresh snow.... i swear it looked like something out of a hallmark movie....lol... wish i could remember where it was, but honestly i was lost and had been for a couple hours....(thought i was taking a shortcut....lol.... it was a new route i hadnt travelled for work before) glad i found it though, even if it was for just one night
How cool. You should have taken a picture.

I always wanted to take a day trip for viewing autumn foliage, which was sponsored by a local community college. Each year something would interfere, and now they no longer have these trips. They also used to do a whale watching trip into Boston.

I prefer staying locally for autumn. NJ can be quite awesome this time of year with the coolness in the air and smell of leaves etc. I did visit Wyoming during the changing colors and that was cool as well. Maybe just bias since growing up here, but either way, yeah...local works for me. Nothing like a cool night under a full moon and smelling the signs of autumn all around you. Helps in forgetting the leaves that have to raked up lol.