Fair Season

Those little bantam roosters wee MEAN little monsters!! They would defend their hens from anything but you couldn't have two of them. All that they would do is fight.

Loved the fair foods. I always ate BBQ, corn on the cob, funnel cake and lemonade until I was stuffed. I was better than most though. I road the rides first and then ate instead of eating and then jumping on the vomit comet!! After I ate I went and checked out the livestock and rodeo. Cowboy hats, big belt buckles, and Tony Lama cowboy boots were the proper uniform for the Texas State Fair and Rodeo...

I haven't been in years... but as as kids my brother and I would start doing everything in our power to get on my mom's (whichever) boyfriend until he'd give us quarter's to just leave, go away... weeks ahead of fair free day. We were really quite proficient at it. :ghost: :pileofpoop::smirk:

By The Day, we were quite well funded. We usually walked at least a couple of miles but we always walked everywhere back then so no deal. Arrival Time 12:00 noon sharp. We always started at the livestock exhibits and took our time wandering around those then out for food ~ Corn Dogs and then Snow Cones (Cherry) then up and down the lanes gawking and laughing and doing whatever... After a couple of hours of that we parted ways. He did ride's. I threw up on everything but the Ferris Wheel so I didn't waste my money. I hit the Midway... HARD. lol. I loved the Midway. I was addicted to the Midway. Shooting the Rifle's, Darts at Balloons, Fishing for Goldfish (that inevitably died before we got home), Balls at Bottles, and then Guess Your Weight and Hit The Thing with The Thing to make the bell ring and then on to the Glass House and finally back through the other exhibits... taking brochures and bookmarks and whatever each booth was giving out... finally, about dark we met back up... stopped for another Corn Dog and Snow Cone (Cherry) and home.

Our county has the largest county fair (darke county fair) I just want the food lol. I'm originally from Minnesota and even though I'm in Ohio and go to the "biggest county fair" I still miss Minnesota cheese curds. My fiancee looks at me weird when I reminise about cheese curds (I do even when it isn't fair season lol). Now I'm hungry lol.