Open Lines Facebook issues

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Anybody else dealing with weirdness on FB? I rarely, if ever, post on the page I keep just for the newsfeed. I use it to connect with family only and a few close friends, but also to get access to other FB pages like Ground Zero and The Farside.

Suddenly, I have 20 people "responding" to "requests" to have them as "friends." :eek: Don't know these people! Some are from overseas even! OK, so just how much data mining and snooping is Facebook REALLY doing??? I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth it to even have an account! I'm one of those people who only have 16 "friends" on my account. I guess FB thought I didn't have enough???? :mad:

I know they have posted a pic off my account from two years ago as some TBT deal, which I then took off again. Just how much latitude does FB have to do things with my account?

Last edited:
Anybody else dealing with weirdness on FB? I rarely, if ever, post on the page I keep just for the newsfeed. I use it to connect with family only and a few close friends, but also to get access to other FB pages like Ground Zero and The Farside.

Suddenly, I have 20 people "responding" to "requests" to have them as "friends." :eek: Don't know these people! Some are from overseas even! OK, so just how much data mining and snooping is Facebook REALLY doing??? I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth it to even have an account! I'm one of those people who only have 16 "friends" on my account. I guess FB thought I didn't have enough???? :mad:

I know they have posted a pic off my account from two years ago as some TBT deal, which I then took off again. Just how much latitude does FB have to do things with my account?

https://www.vice.com/read/i-asked-a-lawyer-how-facebooks-new-terms-will-affect-my-online-life-183

Thanks, Surge. I'm still cleaning up the mess....

Reactions: surge