Eyes on the porch

ozentity

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
It's freezing over here at the moment so I let all 6 dogs in of a night. I was going to bed about 12.30am so I let them out to pee before retiring and brought them in for the night. I have a glass front door at the new house and walked past it after turning the lights out. For some reason I felt something watching me from outside so I shone the torch through the glass and saw a pair of large yellow eyes staring at me from the porch. At first I thought it was the reflection of my black cat as I had her inside but turned around and she wasn't there. I approached and opened the door and the eyes literally vanished, no animal, no owl ( which I thought it might be). When it was watching me it was moving behind the railing. I discounted a stray cat as the dogs had just been out and they hate strange cats. I decided it must have been Blacky escaped even though the eyes didn't match, so went to the loungeroom to find both cats asleep. The eyes looked sort of human like and whatever it was had a black head, being a fair way out bush it did frighten me.

That's pretty damn creepy Oz. Wonder if it was one of those shadow things you saw before or the wolf/shepherd that paid you a visit. In relation to the height of your railing was it tall or the size of an animal? When you shown your flashlight/torch at it, did that cause the eyes to glow?

It's freezing over here at the moment so I let all 6 dogs in of a night. I was going to bed about 12.30am so I let them out to pee before retiring and brought them in for the night. I have a glass front door at the new house and walked past it after turning the lights out. For some reason I felt something watching me from outside so I shone the torch through the glass and saw a pair of large yellow eyes staring at me from the porch. At first I thought it was the reflection of my black cat as I had her inside but turned around and she wasn't there. I approached and opened the door and the eyes literally vanished, no animal, no owl ( which I thought it might be). When it was watching me it was moving behind the railing. I discounted a stray cat as the dogs had just been out and they hate strange cats. I decided it must have been Blacky escaped even though the eyes didn't match, so went to the loungeroom to find both cats asleep. The eyes looked sort of human like and whatever it was had a black head, being a fair way out bush it did frighten me.
I hope you'll report if this shows up again, Oz. First thing that popped into my head was "remember that big dog in your dream?"

I hope you'll report if this shows up again, Oz. First thing that popped into my head was "remember that big dog in your dream?"
I will Debi but this wasn't like that, the dog looked peaceful, this thing was checking me out more predatory than concerned. I really hope this was an animal but I can't see what.

Reactions: Paulm and Selectric
That's pretty damn creepy Oz. Wonder if it was one of those shadow things you saw before or the wolf/shepherd that paid you a visit. In relation to the height of your railing was it tall or the size of an animal? When you shown your flashlight/torch at it, did that cause the eyes to glow?
I first thought it was sitting on the rail but I'm sure it was standing off the porch , that would make it at least 5ft. It's head wasn't big and pitch black. I'm sure it was glowing from the torch.

Reactions: Paulm and Selectric
The problem with it being an animal is that I had 6 dogs out just before, four of them hunting dogs, they would have chased or killed any feral animal near the house.

The problem with it being an animal is that I had 6 dogs out just before, four of them hunting dogs, they would have chased or killed any feral animal near the house.
Strange the dogs didn't sense it lurking about. Usually animals pick it up before we do. Being not the case, that thing only wanted you to see it i assume. Good thoughts to you Oz. Hope that's the last you see of it.

Reactions: Paulm and ozentity
Strange the dogs didn't sense it lurking about. Usually animals pick it up before we do. Being not the case, that thing only wanted you to see it i assume. Good thoughts to you Oz. Hope that's the last you see of it.
Thanks Selectric, if it was an animal my jack russell would picked up the scent, be it cat, possum or anything. It did seem to be a living creature as the paranormal entities I've encountered were not as clear, more dream like, slightly blurred. I don't really know how to explain the difference properly.

Reactions: Selectric