Eye to Eye

When I make eye contact I rarely break the gaze. People would generally think me as though I am psycho. But I think intense eye contact is really haunting and people who can hold gaze without being embarrassed have special charm in their personality.

When I make eye contact I rarely break the gaze. People would generally think me as though I am psycho. But I think intense eye contact is really haunting and people who can hold gaze without being embarrassed have special charm in their personality.
i have the opposite problem. i have to deliberately break eye contact with people even when i'm talking to them, simply because it freaks people right out otherwise. i have a tendency to stare into people's souls so to speak

Reactions: garnetsilver
Oh, your son is autistic too! Then you certainly understand,Debi! And yes, I think you are right about the highly sensitive gifts; sometimes they are a bit much, but at other times, they have helped me in dangerous situations which I couldn't read otherwise.

Reactions: Debi
i have the opposite problem. i have to deliberately break eye contact with people even when i'm talking to them, simply because it freaks people right out otherwise. i have a tendency to stare into people's souls so to speak
I’m slightly autistic too. I find myself alternately capable & incapable of holding a gaze. I also have to break it off because I sink in too fast sometimes.

I think people find it uncomfortable because its what predators do when they are stalking and about to pounce,an ancient deep seated fear on the prey's side.

I've done this once and I've seen it twice off two women who can do it when they want.One time I was being threatened by some very bad people,I felt my eyes roll back and apparently they turned to goat like evil eyes.The people backed off and left.A mate who knew the people told me what they had seen.I was telling the 2 women on different occasions about it and they did the eye thing.I think I'd better watch who I hang around with lol.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
I’ve not heard of this technique and now I will have to try it.

Reactions: Debi