Expression, phrase or idiom...

My latest irritation is the word "Boomers". It has now become almost an insult as people now use it. Yes, I am a "Baby Boomer." But you call me "Boomer", or "Hey Boomer" and there will be a problem. (Don't forget I have a ban button around here and can edit anything!)

We of the older generation used to be respected at the very least because we managed to make it this far in life and were thought to have a bit of knowledge we could pass along. Honoring the elders was something I was brought up to do. Unfortunately, especially during Covid, people began to view us as a "problem", many times because we were targets for this virus. That's when the word took a turn.

You should've heard any interview with English (soccer) football mangers after a defeat a while back. It always went:
'Yeah, see it looks bad but at at the end of the day the lads give it 110% and it just didn't come off, but moving forward they'll be givin' it 120% and we'll see some results. At the end of the day the boys done good. Next time? They'll do more gooder.'
You can add '110%' to the list.
You should see our Rugby League players and trainers, they make yours look like Mensa officials, lol. Most look like BF but without his decorum of staying out of sight and sound most of the time.

"Fruits and veggies". Hate it! Please just call it "fruit and vegetables" or, if you must, "fruit and veg". Don't ask me why I hate it so much; I just do! :D

You should see our Rugby League players and trainers, they make yours look like Mensa officials, lol. Most look like BF but without his decorum of staying out of sight and sound most of the time.
Haha! These are classics, aren't they? My favourite was: "If it had gone in, it would have been a goal.'

"I did it off my own back.' No, you didn't. It's: "I did it off my own BAT." It's an old cricketing term! Soooo many people get this wrong! Aargh...

Also, when people say, "The tenants of the religion are..." It's TENETS, people!

Reactions: garnetsilver
"Fruits and veggies". Hate it! Please just call it "fruit and vegetables" or, if you must, "fruit and veg". Don't ask me why I hate it so much; I just do! :D
I was griping about that just the other day! It makes people sound like tiny children who have to have words dumbed down for them. Another is "pee test." Really? Is it so hard to say urinalysis?

• Haha
Reactions: RoseRed