Experiencing Others Perception of Reality

Aces

No Ordinary Moments
Reaction score
I am not sure how to explain what I have been experiencing lately but I figured that I could bring it to my "paranormal friends" and maybe we can label it or at least let me know if someone else has experienced it.
I am an Empath and I am pretty sure that what I am experiencing is due to this ability.
Here goes....
At times I am "pulled" into another's perspective, meaning that within my own mind, I see through another's eyes (it does not interfere with my vision or anything of that nature). It only lasts a few seconds but I am left with a sometimes faint and sometimes a big wave of emotion from the experience. I can not control it and it doesn't happen with only humans, animals too. I would compare it to remote viewing however it only lasts a few seconds, I can not select a person or animal and activity perceive their reality nor can I "look around" or investigate my surroundings
Quick and basic example: While at a red light there was a person sitting on the curb. I noticed him and I immediately was looking at the concrete of the road (in my minds eye)....as if I was seeing what he was looking at....it only lasted a second and the perspective was gone. The feelings I had were loneliness and agitation.
I don't know if this is an OBE or simply another step on my journey as an Empath.....or something else entirely.
Am I tapping into others perception of reality or am I feeling what I "think" they are thinking and the perspective is just my mind playing out a scenario?
Is it "safe" to be jumping into others perception of realities, is there a risk involved?
Is this an Empath trait.....If this is an Empath trait, I didn't think something like this was a common trait for Empaths...how do others deal with it?
Any input is welcome..
Light&Love

Aces, I've had this happen many times. It's part empath, and part possibly being able to do channel/medium work. Part of the problem is controlling it, as it can pull you in when you least expect it. That is something that simply takes time to learn and it's different with everyone Grounding yourself when it happens helps, because you can feel the energy that comes back with you and that's not good to carry that afterwards. And you have to understand it's not yours to carry and not yours to fix the problems you felt the other person having. It's yours to understand and send them loving energy and thoughts.

When these things happen, it's sometimes the first thing you want to do...fix it! And you can't fix the world, but you can send the love out there. Just as you felt their energy, they will feel that love on some level. Send love and light whenever you can.

Oh Debi, I cant tell you how relieved I am to know that this is a "thing"! Now that I have a better understanding of what is happening It wont take me by surprise as much.
Channel/Medium ? Interesting.....I will mediate on this. I want more info about all of this but I am unsure what to ask.... LOL!
Maybe after mediation I will have a better idea...
Thanks for your insight Debi!
Light&Love

Aces we may have info on mediumship and empath traits here somewhere. Do a quick search. Keep us posted on your progress.

Reactions: Aces and Debi
Aces, I've had this happen many times. It's part empath, and part possibly being able to do channel/medium work. Part of the problem is controlling it, as it can pull you in when you least expect it. That is something that simply takes time to learn and it's different with everyone Grounding yourself when it happens helps, because you can feel the energy that comes back with you and that's not good to carry that afterwards. And you have to understand it's not yours to carry and not yours to fix the problems you felt the other person having. It's yours to understand and send them loving energy and thoughts.

When these things happen, it's sometimes the first thing you want to do...fix it! And you can't fix the world, but you can send the love out there. Just as you felt their energy, they will feel that love on some level. Send love and light whenever you can.
Omg I've been going through alot of life experiences lately I'm looking for people who goes through what i do.

Omg I've been going through alot of life experiences lately I'm looking for people who goes through what i do.
Sounds like you've found the right place Tasha,welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the PNF LaTasha. Feel free and comfortable to share your questions and experiences here. We will communicate respectfully and openly.

Forgot to say “Happy Two-Year PNF Anniversary” Aces. I recall that you, PaulM, and I all joined the forum within three weeks of each other.

Reactions: Aces and Lynne
Aces, as an empath and telepath, I can expect that this kind of phenomena is possible; and, I can accept Debi’s supposed tag of mediumship as well. Though my own empathic experiences seem to be limited to feeling other people’s emotions or physical pains, I can imagine that “seeing” from another person’s view could be a reasonable extension of your empathy.

The thing I want to share - and support Debi’s suggestion of same - is grounding or shielding as a preventative measure. Once I learned techniques for both, I found that I was no longer feeling out of control. I’m not comfortable suggesting that anyone live their entire day “shielded up”, but grounding/shielding before going out into the public is reasonable. I know that psychic perception is not limited by distance, but local proximity does seem to increase receipt/perception. Hence again, grounding/shielding before a public outing should not be a bad thing.

Editing to insert...: Reminder that if you draw or borrow grounding/shielding energy from a source outside yourself, please be certain to let it go once you no longer need it. It is not only a respectful and responsible practice, but carrying around foreign energies for too long can have its own side effects.

Reactions: Aces and Lynne