Exorcist Live TV Event article

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
VIDEO: Exorcism: Live! Creator: 'I Dare You Not to Be Scared'

This Halloween Eve, one network will try to give viewers a real scare with the first-ever exorcism televised and streamed in real time.

Discovery America's Exorcism: Live! will show psychic medium Chip Coffey, Bishop James Long and the reality stars of Ghost Asylum trying to cleanse the Missouri home where the child whose story inspired the 1971 The Exorcistnovel and 1973 film lived while allegedly possessed in the '40s.

In 1991, 20/20 aired the first televised exorcism, showing a Catholic priest supposedly dispel a demon from a 16-year-old Florida girl named Gina, and 29 million people tuned in. But Discovery America's TV event is the first live one in history.

PEOPLE has the exclusive first look the special and got the inside scoop from creator Jodi Tovay, senior manager of development and production at Discovery. Read on to learn how she was inspired by her own supernatural encounter – and what terrified Coffey the first time he entered the home.

COMPLETE ARTICLE AT SITE
____________________________________________________________________________-

Anyone plan on watching this?

I'd probably watch if I had cable tv. My main concern is how long is this event, do the viewers get cut off from watching after two hours and not get to see the completion of the process. Or do these people think they have it timed to a science on how long it takes to do an exorcism? Hmm.

Reactions: DoTell and Debi