EVP using two devices

Woodchip

Reaction score
Hi all

I have recently conducted a quick session to see if I could hear anything. I only used 2 sound recorders. One was on my iPhone the other was on my laptop.
The laptop I believe does not have as good quality microphone as the iPhone does. Now after reviewing the laptop one first it sounds like a voice came through after I asked I spoke.
Once checking the same area on the iPhone the voice isnt present but sounds like banging or something moving.
Can a spirit only speak into one device at a time or can they do multiple?
I have to shoot off to work however I will post on the two recordings and let me know what you can hear.

I really do need to invest into a main sensitive microphone but will have to wait till pay day :D

Cheers!

Some of our best EVPs have been from the audio track of a video file, using the camcorder on-board mic, which is surprising since camcorder mics are usually terrible, as well as picking up far too much handling and operation noise. But some of the evidence has been very clear so there was no doubt.

Most inexpensive USB mics are not very good, and I'm not super impressed with any phone mics I've used so-far. RODE makes some excellent USB mics but they are pricey.

As far as dedicated EVP voice recorders, we have had good luck with the Sony ICD-PX470 and newer ICD-UX570, which are easy to use in the field and have good onboard mics. My favorite is the Zoom H4n, with top-notch dual mics. It is actually a portable recording studio meant for podcasters so is fabulous on paranormal investigations. It can also be used with professional production mics if desired. I can't say enough good things about the Zoom. Unfortunately it is one of the pricier options, but easily worth it IMO.

You essentially discovered what Tom and Lisa Butler's article at the ATransC site have related. Read through the included link and you should learn a thing or two.

As for the price of records, give eBay a look - You can find used Sony or Olympus dedicated recorders for some good prices. I pretty much use Sony's for my work but I have several Zoom recorders with I love for my EVP and also voiceover work.