EVP recording equipment

Another item you may want to look into is a Raudive diode. It is a mic coil but no diaphragm is attached to it so it only responds to spirit voices, nothing acoustic will be picked up by it. Digital Dowsing (Bill Chappell's company) sells one for under $40 that will work with any recorder with a 3.5mm audio input.

We like to put the diode on one channel of a recorder, and an acoustic mic on the other channel, to keep everything in context and sync'd.
I love this idea , clever GWU !

That sounds very intetesting. Digital Dowsing is where my spirit box came from. I like his stuff. Gotta look into that.
I'm not trying to discourage anyone here, or tell what equipment to use or not use. Spirit boxes, franks box, or whatever anyone wants to call them, simply pick up radio signals. All I have seen them do is pick up "skip", (different random radio signals). Being retired from L.E., it was common, mostly while working night shift, to pick up skip, usually from a pretty far distance away. I worked in SW Ohio, and we would pick up skip from as far away as Louisville, Indianapolis, and even from Dallas Texas, just to name a few. None were remotely paranormal, so I don't believe that spirit boxes pick up anything paranormal, just random words or phrases coming across air waves. Please don't take offense to this as it is Just my opinion.

Reactions: Lynne