EVP Captures

titch2k6

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
1643029677949.png

Location - Abandoned Church (exact location retained) – Friday 21st January 2022: 20:31 – 01:00
Organised by - NNPG
Compiled by - Titch Evans, NNPG – 24/01/2022

As usual, under our standard caveat, we make no claims that any presented footage or audio is definitive proof of anything paranormal. However, the presented captured evidence is deemed “interesting” in nature.

Apart from any audio amplification or video enhancements (i.e. brightness and contrast), all files remain original.

Equipment used:
EMF Meter (Fuyi FY876)
HD IR Camcorder (Ordro HDV-D12) with independent IR light
Rempod (with Temp. Probe)
Digital Voice Recorder (Olympus WS-852)

Analysis software utilised:
Cool Edit Pro (Audio)
Adobe Premiere Pro (Video)

This is not a detailed report on the investigation as a whole. This report only highlights noted, potential activity of interest captured during the event named above.

Due to file restrictions, this report may be divided into a number of individual threads to this post.

As this location has seen vandalism from novice ghost hunters, as well as Occult activity being conducted upon its grounds, we refrain from sharing the exact location of the site out of respect for the managing organisation and not to draw further attention to its location.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, a REALLY cold investigation was conducted this Friday evening at a very interesting location that has many claims, and a long history, surrounding it - Light anomalies, audio phenomena and manifestations have all been reported. The initial plan was to do a sleepover at the site until 06:00 on Saturday, but as temperatures dropped below freezing, we decided to pull the investigation for health and safety reasons.

Early on in the investigation, I had a personal experience. I placed my bag down on the floor within the Church before turning around to my colleague. For a split second, I thought I saw someone standing next to him. I could make out a head, shoulders and torso. It was dark internally, with no lights on at this point, and only some moonlight entering the Church, through missing windows, gave us any light inside. I had to do a "double-take", but on returning my view to him, I did not see anything else out of the ordinary. What made this interesting, is the fact that I faced this figure initially thinking it was my colleague before realising that he was actually standing to the left of this figure.

Nothing else was really noticed by either of us during the investigation from a visual or audio point of view and we would have to rely on a review of the audio and video files captured at the time for any other potential evidence.

Unfortunately, video footage captured during the investigation did not reveal any activity. However, we did come away with three audio phenomena captured on the Olympus.

1. Church Interior

At one point, we had set up the Rempod and EMF Meter out in the central floor area as I conducted an EVP session which lasted 4:13.26. Early on in the recording, we capture two distinct, quick footsteps on the stone floor before capturing someone telling me to "Shhhhhh":

Audio Capture

Audio With Text Indication

To us, this felt quite relevant. Did I just have "someone" walk up to me and tell me "Shhhh" because I was talking, quite loudly, within the Church? These two audio instances were not captured on the video audio file. I myself was pacing around on the floor as I was conducting the EVP (trying to keep warm), but my paces were slow and methodical and were not captured at any time on the Olympus recording. The footsteps heard were a lot quicker than my own paces and this can be substantiated through a review of the video footage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duke
2. Southern Cemetery

We conducted an EVP session out in the southern cemetery which lasted for 4:58.25.

Again, we did not hear or see anything at the time of conducting the EVP session personally. Upon review of the audio, we capture what appears to be a voice calling out for help:

Audio Capture

The voice appears to be male, with a deep tone, in origin. We have to consider that although nighttime, and sounds do travel further, the Church is located in the middle of nowhere and about 1 mile from the nearest built-up area.

Reactions: Duke
3. Northern Cemetery

We conducted another EVP session out in the northern cemetery which lasted for 4:13.62.

Again, we did not hear or see anything at the time of conducting the EVP session personally. Upon review of the audio, we capture a female voice saying "Thank you" after we state that we are there to give our respects to those at the cemetery. This is a Class A EVP captured:

Audio Capture

All in all, it was an interesting location. Despite the lack of activity in real-time, that was physically witnessed by us, we have captured potential evidence that substantiates at least some of the claims made about the site and certainly warrants further investigation in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duke and Debi
View attachment 37763
Location - Abandoned Church (exact location retained) – Friday 21st January 2022: 20:31 – 01:00
Organised by - NNPG
Compiled by - Titch Evans, NNPG – 24/01/2022

As usual, under our standard caveat, we make no claims that any presented footage or audio is definitive proof of anything paranormal. However, the presented captured evidence is deemed “interesting” in nature.

Apart from any audio amplification or video enhancements (i.e. brightness and contrast), all files remain original.

Equipment used:
EMF Meter (Fuyi FY876)
HD IR Camcorder (Ordro HDV-D12) with independent IR light
Rempod (with Temp. Probe)
Digital Voice Recorder (Olympus WS-852)

Analysis software utilised:
Cool Edit Pro (Audio)
Adobe Premiere Pro (Video)

This is not a detailed report on the investigation as a whole. This report only highlights noted, potential activity of interest captured during the event named above.

Due to file restrictions, this report may be divided into a number of individual threads to this post.

As this location has seen vandalism from novice ghost hunters, as well as Occult activity being conducted upon its grounds, we refrain from sharing the exact location of the site out of respect for the managing organisation and not to draw further attention to its location.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, a REALLY cold investigation was conducted this Friday evening at a very interesting location that has many claims, and a long history, surrounding it - Light anomalies, audio phenomena and manifestations have all been reported. The initial plan was to do a sleepover at the site until 06:00 on Saturday, but as temperatures dropped below freezing, we decided to pull the investigation for health and safety reasons.

Early on in the investigation, I had a personal experience. I placed my bag down on the floor within the Church before turning around to my colleague. For a split second, I thought I saw someone standing next to him. I could make out a head, shoulders and torso. It was dark internally, with no lights on at this point, and only some moonlight entering the Church, through missing windows, gave us any light inside. I had to do a "double-take", but on returning my view to him, I did not see anything else out of the ordinary. What made this interesting, is the fact that I faced this figure initially thinking it was my colleague before realising that he was actually standing to the left of this figure.

Nothing else was really noticed by either of us during the investigation from a visual or audio point of view and we would have to rely on a review of the audio and video files captured at the time for any other potential evidence.

Unfortunately, video footage captured during the investigation did not reveal any activity. However, we did come away with three audio phenomena captured on the Olympus.

1. Church Interior

At one point, we had set up the Rempod and EMF Meter out in the central floor area as I conducted an EVP session which lasted 4:13.26. Early on in the recording, we capture two distinct, quick footsteps on the stone floor before capturing someone telling me to "Shhhhhh":

Audio Capture

To us, this felt quite relevant. Did I just have "someone" walk up to me and tell me "Shhhh" because I was talking, quite loudly, within the Church? These two audio instances were not captured on the video audio file. I myself was pacing around on the floor as I was conducting the EVP (trying to keep warm), but my paces were slow and methodical and were not captured at any time on the Olympus recording. The footsteps heard were a lot quicker than my own paces and this can be substantiated through a review of the video footage.
I clearly heard the shhh sound. It would make since that a spirit clergy or pious spirit would ask for quiet. I could picture a spiritual proprietor walking up to greet visitors and asking for quiet . Good catch.

2. Southern Cemetery

We conducted an EVP session out in the southern cemetery which lasted for 4:58.25.

Again, we did not hear or see anything at the time of conducting the EVP session personally. Upon review of the audio, we capture what appears to be a voice calling out for help:

Audio Capture

The voice appears to be male, with a deep tone, in origin. We have to consider that although nighttime, and sounds do travel further, the Church is located in the middle of nowhere and about 1 mile from the nearest built-up area.
I could not hear this one

3. Northern Cemetery

We conducted another EVP session out in the northern cemetery which lasted for 4:13.62.

Again, we did not hear or see anything at the time of conducting the EVP session personally. Upon review of the audio, we capture a female voice saying "Thank you" after we state that we are there to give our respects to those at the cemetery. This is a Class A EVP captured:

Audio Capture

All in all, it was an interesting location. Despite the lack of activity in real-time, that was physically witnessed by us, we have captured potential evidence that substantiates at least some of the claims made about the site and certainly warrants further investigation in the future.
I could not hear this one either. I am listing on my iPhone. Perhaps I need to listen with headphones

I clearly heard the shhh sound. It would make since that a spirit clergy or pious spirit would ask for quiet. I could picture a spiritual proprietor walking up to greet visitors and asking for quiet . Good catch.
Good bet it wasn't a ghost nun, she'd have rapped him on the knuckles with a ghost ruler.

I could not hear this one either. I am listing on my iPhone. Perhaps I need to listen with headphones

The clips are a little difficult to catch even with speakers up. I always find headphones are much better for listening to EVPs, especially if full range.

I did try amplifying the clips somewhat, but it was clipping them too much.

Reactions: Debi