EVP - best equipment?

Aside from a regular recorder I've never used anything for EVP. let me know your results because I would like to invest in something better.

Anubis
That is real interesting... can you link where you found these youtube videos

Aside from a regular recorder I've never used anything for EVP. let me know your results because I would like to invest in something better.
Would digital recorders work? A couple times I went to my local graveyard and set my digital recorder on a random grave stone to record all night (yeah I biked in at night :O ) Then I would retrieve it in the mornings (tip: remember whose stone you put put your recorder on!) I never got anything in those 3 nights, but one of the nights the recorder was mysteriously shut off when i retrieved it. Strange -- because I even had manual 'lock' button switched on! Upon retrieval It had about an hour and a half of relative graveyard silence, then the file abruptly ended without error. Battery full, plenty of memory available...

Reactions: Lynne
Digital recorders should work quite well, Maphoo. It's what I've used in the past and I think many investigators use them as well. Strange, tho, how you had that on manual lock and poof. Hmmmmmm. Makes ya wonder.....

Reactions: Maphoo
i would like to experiment with EVP.

anyone here have any experience with this? recommended equipment?

anything for android phones?
One way you can do it is make a mic silencer. Basically you take a headphone jack, take off the headphones, and complete a circuit so the wires bring the power directly back to the listening device. A long cord is great too. I think you can do this without extra wires, depending on how much interference your recorder gets naturally. If youre talking and looking for answers, write your questions on a clipboard, and write down the minutes and seconds that are on the recorder when you ask, kind of like a polygraph.

This way is great, that way wind and someone whispering when you dont recall someone whispering, wont interfere with readings.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi