Evidence of Moses

the mothers ancestry dictated the tribe and the father dictated one's station in life. And the names of the children often reflected the father's vocation which the son would follow.
Reading the captions in this video did you see "daughter of Hagar"? Hagar was Abraham's concubine she gave birth to his fist son Ishmael who was told by an Angel of the lord to be the father of many nations. Sara his wife gave birth to Isaac at the age of 90, Isaac had a son who would go on to be the father of Israel "Jacob, this is a few generations behind Ishmael's starting of the Arabic tribes and would explain a lot of why the wars started over land rites, both Arabic and Israeli tribes are the sons of Abraham.

Reactions: NobleHouse
Reading the captions in this video did you see "daughter of Hagar"? Hagar was Abraham's concubine she gave birth to his fist son Ishmael who was told by an Angel of the lord to be the father of many nations. Sara his wife gave birth to Isaac at the age of 90, Isaac had a son who would go on to be the father of Israel "Jacob, this is a few generations behind Ishmael's starting of the Arabic tribes and would explain a lot of why the wars started over land rites, both Arabic and Israeli tribes are the sons of Abraham.
It's always been a contested bit of land, conquered by Syria, then the Greeks, then Romans then Arabs and then Britain and finally in a great irony by their own genetic relatives. Religion has been used as an excuse, but it's always been about politics and military advantage. Some holy land! It's inhabitants have been the football of other countries for all of history!

Nice write-up Ben.
I place certainty in the genealogy of Moses and many people in the Bible. Genealogy was so important because the mothers ancestry dictated the tribe and the father dictated one's station in life. And the names of the children often reflected the father's vocation which the son would follow. I like to listen to a priest on the radio who is a linguist (I teach dead languages to Comatose seminarians.:)). He teaches that numbers in the Bible have much greater meaning than their numerical value. The number 40 is a reoccurring theme and is loaded with meaning.
For example the number 7 in Genesis is related to a covenant, which is a Blood Oath, between God and man. 12 representing a governing body of an organization.

This is also found in church architecture. I was putting together a proposal for an enormous church that I wound up painting. The raw numbers taken from my measurements were Illuminating to say the least.

The church was even oriented on its lot in relationship to where the sun would be at certain times of the year. On a sunny day near Christmas time I was three stories in the air. The sun shone through a stained glass window and concentrated a blue beam of light that cast upon a statue of the Holy Family. The shaft of light was minimum 60 yards long and it just dawned on me right now that nobody has probably ever seen that light show from my perspective.:cool: Okay I'm rambling and I need to go eat some breakfast.
I had no idea we had these shared interests! Tell me more about the teaching dead languages to comatose seminarians!
Also, I'd love to hear more about what you know about the significance of different numbers. What does 40 mean? Twelve as a governing body seems related to the Zodiac which goes back a lot further than I ever imagined. In the Bible it's usually explained as 'the twelve tribes of Israel' and dismissed, but there were never twelve tribes; it's always been a symbol. Same with the twelve disciples. There are more listed than twelve, but twelve men was important to the early church so it's twelve (Luke even lists a load of women but states they weren't in the Twelve, backed up by early Egyptian Christianity which was said to have been founded by Mary, Martha and Salome.)
The use of significant numbers in church architecture is also mind blowing, although I can't quite get my brain to work so that I can fully appreciate it.

Reactions: Debi
Ben, I really can't understate the use of numbers when I had to measure of that church. I actually redid my numbers because I was floored. It was built in 1894 and was going to be the Cathedral. It was Georgian Romanesque on the outside and very German and Polish on the inside:)
Father Richard Simon can be found on Relevant Radio.

Facebook

Last edited:
Reactions: Benway
Oh man I was talking about the Reverend know it all. AKA Father Simon Says. He has a radio show in America. Nice man, smart man, and I learn a lot.

It's always been a contested bit of land, conquered by Syria, then the Greeks, then Romans then Arabs and then Britain and finally in a great irony by their own genetic relatives. Religion has been used as an excuse, but it's always been about politics and military advantage. Some holy land! It's inhabitants have been the football of other countries for all of history!

BENWAYY! Hiya!

Reactions: Benway
Great video. I think it is of great importance to know if that is holy ground. It is important to believers.