News Every techie's dream at times

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
http://thesmokinggun.com/buster/colorado/colorado-computer-killer-786520

A Colorado man who has been “fighting with his computer for the last several months” unloaded a volley of shots into his Dell tormentor, resulting in the death of the computer and his arrest for discharging a firearm, cops report.

According to the Colorado Springs Police Department, officers responding last night to a 911 call about shots fired discovered that a “fed up” Lucas Hinch took his computer into a back alley and “fired 8 shots into the computer with a handgun, effectively disabling it.”

Hinch, 38, was cited for discharging a firearm within city limits, according to a police blotter entry that includes the summary description “Man Kills His Computer.”

When asked about the shooting, Hinch told TSG, “I just had it,” adding that he tired of the balky computer’s “blue screen of death.” Hinch said that he whacked the computer with a 9mm Hi-Point pistol recently purchased from a Craigslist seller. The gun was seized by police, who left the computer behind.

The late Dell XPS 410 model, seen in the above police evidence photo, is survived by a monitor and a keyboard.

Ever have the urge, Surge? LOL!!!!

Oh, I've had the urge, all right! My preferred tool of destruction would be a sledgehammer, though... much more satisfying!

I have to say, though, that most of the BSODs I see are on someone else's computer. Never had one on a Linux box.

Oh, I've had the urge, all right! My preferred tool of destruction would be a sledgehammer, though... much more satisfying!

I have to say, though, that most of the BSODs I see are on someone else's computer. Never had one on a Linux box.
:D I posted this one just for you! lol