Ever Wonder about Your Dreams ?

7Critter

Paranormal Trooper
Staff
Reaction score
Dreams are stories and images that our minds create while we sleep. They can be entertaining, fun, romantic, disturbing, and sometimes bizarre. Dreams may have some benefits, such as helping the brain process information gathered during the day.
They are an enduring source of mystery for scientists and psychological doctors. Why do dreams occur? What causes them? Can we control them? What do they mean?

Can we control them?

For myself, I have come to believe that dreams are a combination of sorting through the happenings of the day, random trips to other realms, past life memories, and possible warnings for the future.
I have tried at least once to control my dream...didn't work well lol. Something fought me the entire time keeping me from doing exactly what i wanted. I started to think of dreams in those ways as well Garnet. I know some are mix-mashes of random days and things seen and done. Getting into the 'traveling' aspect is something pretty new to me. I never thought about nor put them into that context, but now...many of the most vivid, unexplainable ones could fall under that category. The most recent when i believe i had a visitation from a deceased friend then shortly after i was 'approached' by a very nasty entity stamps that hard to traveling. The two visitations occurred the same night with zero reason to go from totally happy to see my friend then be scared out of my skin by the most evil presence i have ever felt. There is no way that was imagination. Then there are the dreams that seem like another life/world/dimension/whatever fits. I had one dream where i was watching myself (though not me) from a distance and thinking that was pretty damn freaky. Meeting random people that i have no idea who they are (in waking world) but knowing fully who they are as if i've known them for a lifetime. So many ?'s surround dreams that people tend to ignore them. I look at them as entertainment, views into other places, down right terrifying lol, and at times a view into your deeper self showing you things that perhaps in your awake world, you just don't see. Mirrors are another one. I have a mental note to always look at myself in a mirror while dreaming. Not once is my reflection ever the same. Perhaps latent memories of me looking at myself in a mirror and for some reason i see those lol. No clue. Still fun to ponder though ;bg2

I have tried at least once to control my dream...didn't work well lol. Something fought me the entire time keeping me from doing exactly what i wanted. I started to think of dreams in those ways as well Garnet. I know some are mix-mashes of random days and things seen and done. Getting into the 'traveling' aspect is something pretty new to me. I never thought about nor put them into that context, but now...many of the most vivid, unexplainable ones could fall under that category. The most recent when i believe i had a visitation from a deceased friend then shortly after i was 'approached' by a very nasty entity stamps that hard to traveling. The two visitations occurred the same night with zero reason to go from totally happy to see my friend then be scared out of my skin by the most evil presence i have ever felt. There is no way that was imagination. Then there are the dreams that seem like another life/world/dimension/whatever fits. I had one dream where i was watching myself (though not me) from a distance and thinking that was pretty damn freaky. Meeting random people that i have no idea who they are (in waking world) but knowing fully who they are as if i've known them for a lifetime. So many ?'s surround dreams that people tend to ignore them. I look at them as entertainment, views into other places, down right terrifying lol, and at times a view into your deeper self showing you things that perhaps in your awake world, you just don't see. Mirrors are another one. I have a mental note to always look at myself in a mirror while dreaming. Not once is my reflection ever the same. Perhaps latent memories of me looking at myself in a mirror and for some reason i see those lol. No clue. Still fun to ponder though ;bg2
Wow, select the mirror idea is a good one. Who do you see? do you remember the faces? possible past lives?

Wow, select the mirror idea is a good one. Who do you see? do you remember the faces? possible past lives?
It's always me but different 'look' every time. I have never seen another face in the reflection, so can really chalk it up to how often you look at yourself in the mirror in life. Though at times i have a full on beard that i never have or injuries, scars, abnormalities, etc that i never had. It always is slightly distorted with the rare times my reflection is quite clear. Strange stuff lol.

It's always me but different 'look' every time. I have never seen another face in the reflection, so can really chalk it up to how often you look at yourself in the mirror in life. Though at times i have a full on beard that i never have or injuries, scars, abnormalities, etc that i never had. It always is slightly distorted with the rare times my reflection is quite clear. Strange stuff lol.
I see, thanks for explaining. I was thinking you meant that you knew it was you but with different faces like you were someone else. Perhaps you are doing battle in the spirit realm.

I have had three unpleasant dreams about my next door neighbor. IRL, she is a very nice person, and we have a friendly relationship. Mr. Garnet shovels her walk in the winter, and if we forget to fetch the recycling bin from the sidewalk she will bring it on the porch, or vice versa.

These dreams left me disturbed and uneasy most of the day, and I wonder if there is something that I should know about?

Reactions: Selectric
Interesting. Had 2 very strange dreams last night. Felt real but not real.
Vivid, I remember splitting my left thumb down to the knuckle, yet no pain :O

Interesting. Had 2 very strange dreams last night. Felt real but not real.
Vivid, I remember splitting my left thumb down to the knuckle, yet no pain :O
I found this, it might give you some insight. Who knew dreaming about a split thumb was a thing.

Reactions: Ragnar0711