Ever Google Yourself?

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
Have you ever Googled yourself (by name, address, phone number, etc.)? If so, what did you find? Anything surprising, or flat out wrong? Ever tried to have something removed or corrected?

yes i have googled myself.. several time.. some wrong some right.. and odds are if it is one place its 5 other places

Yeah Jim, but you're a public figure. I would expect to see a lot of things pop up when a celebrity is Googled.

Yeah, I've had obits and a few newspapers articles about arrests for my namesakes pop up. There are also links and references to both technical papers and magazine articles I've written.

The most surprising thing that came up was from one of the "people finder" sites. It had the usual stuff you find on such sites, but this one had an "AKA/nicknames" item. Included in that list was a good natured, but not so complimentary, nickname given to me by college buddies in the mid 70s. I hadn't been called by this nickname in nearly 40 years. How that got in there I'll never know.

Another similar site showed Mrs Duke's ex-husband, who she divorced in the late 80s, as living at our address. I decided not to tell her.

I’m with you. I have to work up to looking.
I’ve googled several times. And I know what I’ve found and wish I could “unfind” some of it.

I have to admit that I am fourth generation with exact same name. So some of the undesirable stuff is not actually about me. But any other mildly interested - or conspiracy minded - individual might not know that “I’m a fourth generation clone” and ascribe those findings to me personally.

Last edited:
I’ve googled several times. And I know what I’ve found and wish I could “unfind” some of it.

I have to admit that I am fourth generation with exact same name. So some of the undesirable stuff is not actually about me. But any other mildly interested - or conspiracy minded - individual might not know that “I’m a fourth generation clone” and ascribe those findings to me personally.
Oh that’s terrible. You maybe need to change your name spelling or something.