Events leading up to my experience

Sounds like a shadow person to me too. I experienced this once and this forum was very helpful in identifying it. I then researched it and found a picture of the exact figure that I saw. I also found out that sightings of these things are extremely common and seem to be getting more so.

Try not to engage with it in any way. Turning the light on seems to help get rid of them - maybe you could try sleeping with the light on until you feel safe again? Good luck!

Last edited:
This is just my opinion and Debi will correct me if I am wrong. I believe that some people are different and in their differences they sort of have one foot in another reality. This is the source of people that have paranormal abilities. It also seems to attract interest from others that may be much like us on the other side that has a connection to our side of that veil. I suspect that you are one of those people. You need to find your special ability. You also need to learn how to deal with your visitors.

It sounds like you may have several. If you can find someone that can help you both by evicting your visitors and to help you learn how to push them away this will be a permanent fix while just getting someone to do it for you is like the old story about "Give a man a fish and you feed him for one day but teach a man to fish and you feed him many meals for his entire life."

I feel like it must be you that are the sensitive because most of your encounters are when you are alone and even when your partner is around for something it is a weaker and less impressive sort of thing. In my experience when the visitors are connected to a place rather than a person they will do things day and night and even when you are not there and everyone sensitive or not has about the same number of experiences.

Unlike many, I don't see all visitors as evil or aggressive. I see them as much like people some are good, some are just there and neither good nor bad and a few are just plain evil. Some make me think of mischievous kids much as I was when I was young. We did a lot of things like toilet papering their trees or knocking on their doors at night and then running before they came to the door. We never harmed anyone but we were pestering little monsters at times. I see a lot of visitors much like we were. No intent to harm but seem to get a kick out of messing with people.

I've always had a lot of questions about ghosts. I have had several friends that have died that were variously gifted with some paranormal abilities. We all agreed that if we passed we would all try hard to make contact. We agreed on a word that is rare and not something that most people will ever hear spoken. Nobody has even made contact. About the only form of a ghost that I have experienced was more of an impression on a place where strong and durable emotions had seemed to soak into that place. It was a feeling and for me, it was the same feeling every time that I went there.

Try hard not to react to their mischief. I think that they just feed on it and it encourages them. Seek the help that can evict your problem visitors and then try to find your special ability. You may be surprised if you open your mind to the unimaginable and accept what is there and a part of you.