Events leading up to my experience

HalfaHuman

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum. I recently had a really uneasy experience. I've spent hours all over the internet just to try find some information or a group of people to confirm I'm not insane.

Events leading up...
The first experience I had on my new flat was one night I was lying on bed planning on going to sleep. (I know I wasn't asleep for this) I was laying facing my window when I felt the bed dip down and though 'oh my partner is coming to bed also' I then felt my hair being tucked behind my ear and then a real loud whisper "HEY". So I turned over expecting to see my boyfriend and there was no one laying next to me... I couldn't sleep that night after that.

Then when I was alone I would hear my pots and pans and tray being moved in the kitchen. But when I went in nothing was out of place. My pans were stacked on my bench as always. This has happened several times and my now financé has only witnessed this twice.

Another event was I was laying on the sofa with my dog one night waiting for my partner to come home from work, it was about 2/3am. When my dog suddenly wakes up and starts growling at my door way. I leaned over and there's NOTHING there. Now this door way freaks me out, it gives me weird vibes and I always feel something standing there and I have seen things watching me out the corner of my eye. But when I tell people they think I'm going crazy... Anyways my dog then stands up and starts barking like crazy and still there's nothing there. I was then scared out my wit's end when I hear bare feet sprinting down the hallway (I have the tail end of the video where my dog goes and investigates).

Now to the experience that has scared me to my core and I'm not sure I can sleep again... This happened to me last night. I'm not sure if I was asleep or awake. I'm almost certain I was awake. I was laying in bed trying to get to sleep but I kept getting waves of sickness that kept coming and going when this really tall black shadow is standing at the bottom of my bed. I froze. I have never felt so terrified. Like o was about to die. This thing then ran up beside me and as it ran it kind of flickered (the best I can describe it) now it's standing right above me and I slowly move my head to be faced with this massive tall shadow. No features. Just pure darkness and the terror and scardness just got worse. I felt my heart sink. I went to take a deep breath to scream and all that came out was a squeak. I managed to shoot out of bed and turn my light on and it was gone.

I need help, anything, any ideas on what the hell is going on or just for someone to believe me and not think I'm crazy. I'm too scared to sleep. Someone please shed some light on what I'm experiencing.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Hi, I'm new to the forum. I recently had a really uneasy experience. I've spent hours all over the internet just to try find some information or a group of people to confirm I'm not insane.

Events leading up...
The first experience I had on my new flat was one night I was lying on bed planning on going to sleep. (I know I wasn't asleep for this) I was laying facing my window when I felt the bed dip down and though 'oh my partner is coming to bed also' I then felt my hair being tucked behind my ear and then a real loud whisper "HEY". So I turned over expecting to see my boyfriend and there was no one laying next to me... I couldn't sleep that night after that.

Then when I was alone I would hear my pots and pans and tray being moved in the kitchen. But when I went in nothing was out of place. My pans were stacked on my bench as always. This has happened several times and my now financé has only witnessed this twice.

Another event was I was laying on the sofa with my dog one night waiting for my partner to come home from work, it was about 2/3am. When my dog suddenly wakes up and starts growling at my door way. I leaned over and there's NOTHING there. Now this door way freaks me out, it gives me weird vibes and I always feel something standing there and I have seen things watching me out the corner of my eye. But when I tell people they think I'm going crazy... Anyways my dog then stands up and starts barking like crazy and still there's nothing there. I was then scared out my wit's end when I hear bare feet sprinting down the hallway (I have the tail end of the video where my dog goes and investigates).

Now to the experience that has scared me to my core and I'm not sure I can sleep again... This happened to me last night. I'm not sure if I was asleep or awake. I'm almost certain I was awake. I was laying in bed trying to get to sleep but I kept getting waves of sickness that kept coming and going when this really tall black shadow is standing at the bottom of my bed. I froze. I have never felt so terrified. Like o was about to die. This thing then ran up beside me and as it ran it kind of flickered (the best I can describe it) now it's standing right above me and I slowly move my head to be faced with this massive tall shadow. No features. Just pure darkness and the terror and scardness just got worse. I felt my heart sink. I went to take a deep breath to scream and all that came out was a squeak. I managed to shoot out of bed and turn my light on and it was gone.

I need help, anything, any ideas on what the hell is going on or just for someone to believe me and not think I'm crazy. I'm too scared to sleep. Someone please shed some light on what I'm experiencing.
It does sound as if you have something going on there. The last event sounds like a shadow man.

Do you have any prior experience with paranormal activity in your life? Either you or your fiance ever dabble in the occult or Ouija board? Any history that goes with this flat or the surrounding area? I realize I'm asking a lot of questions, but that's part of discerning what may be happening.

To begin with, YES, I believe you. Also, I'm going to provide you a link here with ideas we use to combat such activity. I would suggest you take one thing at a time and try to get as much info as you can on this.

Hi, and welcome to the PNF forums! I would most definitely follow the suggestions that Debi provided, as they have proven very effective for many members here. Please keep us updated, and remember, we understand and will help if we can.

Hey HalfaHuman, welcome to the PNF.

I trust Debi on her statement and urge you to consider the same.

However, most of us here have had more than a few scary experiences. Hence we are sensitive to the fact that scary is still scary so remain strong.

Know too that your own strength is equal to or stronger than most known paranormal entities. So again, stay strong.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7Critter and Debi
Welcome to the best place on the internet to discuss and share paranormal experiences. there are no Trolls here and Debi is a fountain of information.

My guess is that your flat has some sort of mischievous haunt connected to it. The way you told this I assume that you have not had to deal with things like this before. I think that I would start with a simple cleansing with sage and maybe find a religious person to help with doing a cleansing. If that doesn't help you might be best off to move. Having a professional come and help you might be more than it is worth to you if you are just renting.

A few questions, does this activity happen when your partner is there or is it only when you are alone?

Is this only a night time thing?

If you can find out who lived there before you you might contact them and ask if they had any strange things happen when they lived there. You also might see if any of the neighbors have heard of people living there haveing any troubles while they lived there.

I have had past experiences. Started when I was young and I would see things. Apparently even talk to things. The first experience that really stuck to me was seeing faces in my wall, as of they were being pressed against from the other side. Another experience was being tugged a lot. Like something trying to get my attention. Then before moving to this property me and my mam both experienced walking into the living room and smelling what she said to be cigar smoke (non of us smoked) and even like an old spice kind of scent. We both would also see and hear things at the same time. She's the only person who has made me feel sane. Then after a while we heard or experienced nothing. Fast forward to when we adopted a family members kid who one night woke up screaming, blood curdling scream. We rushed in asked her what was the matter and she couldn't recall. She said she needed to go to the toilet and we told her she knew where it was, and her response still gives me goosebumps... She said "but the man in black stands there" now we haven't told her about this. Even after all these things I still try and come up with reasonable explanations but there just isn't when you look at it.

I always felt like I was sensitive to these things so I NEVER and still will never touch a ouija bored. Nor has my partner. He doesn't believe in this stuff. I've never looked into the history of this place but I'm waiting for the libraries to reopen and see what I can find in old newspapers.

Thank you for your help and advice
It does sound as if you have something going on there. The last event sounds like a shadow man.

Do you have any prior experience with paranormal activity in your life? Either you or your fiance ever dabble in the occult or Ouija board? Any history that goes with this flat or the surrounding area? I realize I'm asking a lot of questions, but that's part of discerning what may be happening.

Welcome to the best place on the internet to discuss and share paranormal experiences. there are no Trolls here and Debi is a fountain of information.

My guess is that your flat has some sort of mischievous haunt connected to it. The way you told this I assume that you have not had to deal with things like this before. I think that I would start with a simple cleansing with sage and maybe find a religious person to help with doing a cleansing. If that doesn't help you might be best off to move. Having a professional come and help you might be more than it is worth to you if you are just renting.

A few questions, does this activity happen when your partner is there or is it only when you are alone?

Is this only a night time thing?

If you can find out who lived there before you you might contact them and ask if they had any strange things happen when they lived there. You also might see if any of the neighbors have heard of people living there haveing any troubles while they lived there.
The activities usually when I'm alone. I think it's only happened a few times when he's around however the bigger things happen when I'm alone. It also happens all times of the day.

Next time I see my neighbor I'm going to ask her about this property as she's been here for years.
Thank you for responding.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Hi Halfhuman (I’m curious about your screen name?). Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you have some paranormal gifts. You may enjoy reading on these types of abilities here. Debi has amassed a lot of information, just type in a key word in the search area.
Also her tips on dealing with this stuff are very helpful. Thanks for sharing your experiences and keep us updated on your situation.

Reactions: HalfaHuman
I'm so sorry you are going through this. My advice for you would be to get your place blessed or sage depending on what you believe in. It's going to be really hard but try to control your fear. It's only natural that you feel terrified with these events but reel it in. In my own experiences, fear only escalated the paranormal.

Now this personally have worked for me when I was younger. When I used to see shadow people, I would actually sleep with a night light on and then envision the light growing to cover my whole bed. This would protect me from anything that wanted to cause me harm. I would say out loud that this was my room and you are not invited. I can't speak for anyone else but this worked for me.

From your posts, I would say you are spiritually gifted but since you haven't had any guidance, you are just a beacon for spirits. Try not to be afraid and definitely don't let it interfere with your life. I honestly think your recent hauntings are from the home though. The pots and pan reminds me from my culture when the dead person returns to the house and cook because they don't realize they are dead. They don't necessarily mean you harm but they certainly need to move on so get your house blessed.

I am more concerned about the shadow person because it is aware of you. Though it hasn't hurt you yet, it can escalate quickly. Look inside of yourself for strength, whether it is love for yourself or others and you can banish it away. You are a lot stronger than you think. Best of luck.