Essential Oils

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Have you ever used essential oils for spiritual or physical healing? How have they worked for you?

Lavender is great. I use that to keep everything chill. It’s a natural stress reliever and helps with sleep better than melatonin IMO.

I keep some frankincense oil with me in my EDC bag. It’s cut with 3 parts olive oil one part frankincense. It’s a nice smell with great healing properties. Helps my dry hands better than any lotion or steroid creams!

We have some tea tree oil but you know, not a fan of the smell :eek:

Reactions: Debi
I love essential oils. I like the natural approach to things. This was informative tho. I didn’t realize it did so much.

Reactions: Debi
I use essential oils sometimes but I have to be careful because of my cats. I usually do it away from them behind closed doors. The scents really make me feel peaceful. I've tried all sorts. I swear some scents make me loopy. Haha

Reactions: Charleh and Lynne
I use essential oils sometimes but I have to be careful because of my cats. I usually do it away from them behind closed doors. The scents really make me feel peaceful. I've tried all sorts. I swear some scents make me loopy. Haha
good to see you looking out for your animals' health when working with these.

gotta share a story here. a cautionary tale if you will..

so the people that know me here know that a few years ago I was not-so-graced by the "mentorship" of some lady that made herself out to be a "prophet", and spiritual leader. anyways she had a fascination with essential oils, and i guess if they were even vaguely mentioned in the bible, they must obviously be safe and of course safe on skin.

well... one of those oils was cassia. i didn't know at the time but it's extract from a cinnamon plant. the one cinnamon that is technically considered toxic in large amounts, and even smaller amounts if it's a concentrated oil. so she annoints my forehead and hands (my hands were cracked and dry) and HOLY MOTHER THAT BURNED!!!!!!!! and it managed to get into my eyes. have you ever had to wash your eyes out with soapy water? i did that evening. because im lactose intolerant and cant wash the oil out with milk.

moral of the story, be careful who you consider a spiritual elder, and do your research on all the oils you use! every time! and keep mild soap or milk handy!

Reactions: Lynne and Galexy

so the people that know me here know that a few years ago I was not-so-graced by the "mentorship" of some lady that made herself out to be a "prophet", and spiritual leader. anyways she had a fascination with essential oils, and i guess if they were even vaguely mentioned in the bible, they must obviously be safe and of course safe on skin.

well... one of those oils was cassia. i didn't know at the time but it's extract from a cinnamon plant. the one cinnamon that is technically considered toxic in large amounts, and even smaller amounts if it's a concentrated oil. so she annoints my forehead and hands (my hands were cracked and dry) and HOLY MOTHER THAT BURNED!!!!!!!! and it managed to get into my eyes. have you ever had to wash your eyes out with soapy water? i did that evening. because im lactose intolerant and cant wash the oil out with milk.

moral of the story, be careful who you consider a spiritual elder, and do your research on all the oils you use! every time! and keep mild soap or milk handy!

Oh my, terrible!! Sorry you had to go through that. I shall heed your warning! Thank you!

Reactions: Charleh

I’ve never heard of using milk or soap in the eyes. I have just used water.

I’ve never heard of using milk or soap in the eyes. I have just used water.
When it comes to oils you need something containing fat (mild soap or milk) to was it out. Apparently tear gas is the same.

When it comes to oils you need something containing fat (mild soap or milk) to was it out. Apparently tear gas is the same.
You are right ! I didn’t think of that !

Reactions: Charleh