Equipment test surprise

GoneWestUtah

Currently Active on planet Earth
Reaction score
I've lived in my house for 32 years with no indication of paranormal activity. Using all of our gear, the property has never given us a speck of evidence. My wife, the empath sensitive, can feel nothing outside of the two of us and the dog. I am the original owner, having built the house in 1988. The land was farmland before it was developed for housing. There is an old farmhouse behind my property but we have never investigated it, I know the owner but he lives in Florida currently and rents out the house. It's far enough away that we apparently don't get any visiting spirits if it were haunted.

Yesterday I was experimenting with our new thermal imager. One of our adult daughters had dropped-by and I was demonstrating that glass windows are opaque to thermal emissions detectable by the imager. You can't see through them, in other words. But you can see your own heat reflection and it was a good opportunity to demonstrate a false hit.

I was watching my own reflection in a dining room window, when suddenly something small and hot flashed through the screen, behind me at the top of the stairs to the top level. As if something small ran down the hall. Remember that I was facing away from it, saw it in a reflection.
I didn't get a pic of it, not being fast enough on the trigger. I thought at first it was our Pug, Addy Mae, but she was at our feet when it happened.
Going upstairs, I found no unexplainable heat signatures. Following-up with the Tri-field meter found no EMF activity. Had I picked up any EMF I would have set up the SLS/Kinect camera but didn't. The SLS takes a while to set up, you can't open the case and flip it on.

So I am puzzled by that transient thermal hit. Somebody just passing through, perhaps? I lost my dear old cat, Isoroku, in December of 2017, he was my Big Boy, my Little Man, and I still miss him terribly. His ashes are in a box on a shelf, only a few feet from where I saw the thermal anomaly on the screen. I'd love to think that he is still hanging around, waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge.

Last edited:
I've lived in my house for 32 years with no indication of paranormal activity. Using all of our gear, the property has never given us a speck of evidence. My wife, the empath sensitive, can feel nothing outside of the two of us and the dog. I am the original owner, having built the house in 1988. The land was farmland before it was developed for housing. There is an old farmhouse behind my property but we have never investigated it, I know the owner but he lives in Florida currently and rents out the house. It's far enough away that we apparently don't get any visiting spirits if it were haunted.

Yesterday I was experimenting with our new thermal imager. One of our adult daughters had dropped-by and I was demonstrating that glass windows are opaque to thermal emissions detectable by the imager. You can't see through them, in other words. But you can see your own heat reflection and it was a good opportunity to demonstrate a false hit.

I was watching my own reflection in a dining room window, when suddenly something small and hot flashed through the screen, behind me at the top of the stairs to the top level. As if something small ran down the hall. Remember that I was facing away from it, saw it in a reflection.
I didn't get a pic of it, not being fast enough on the trigger. I thought at first it was our Pug, Addy Mae, but she was at our feet when it happened.
Going upstairs, I found no unexplainable heat signatures. Following-up with the Tri-field meter found no EMF activity. Had I picked up any EMF I would have set up the SLS/Kinect camera but didn't. The SLS takes a while to set up, you can't open the case and flip it on.

So I am puzzled by that transient thermal hit. Somebody just passing through, perhaps? I lost my dear old cat, Isoroku, in December of 2017, he was my Big Boy, my Little Man, and I still miss him terribly. His ashes are in a box on a shelf, only a few feet from where I saw the thermal anomaly on the screen. I'd love to think that he is still hanging around, waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge.
Great to hear your story GWU. I bet Isoroku is visiting you and somehow knows when to show up for proof.

Reactions: GoneWestUtah
Thanks, Goose! Here is a pic of Isoroku in his prime. He was my best friend for many years and too smart for a cat. I raised him from a kitten.

Isoroku001.jpg

My wife's sister has orbs all over her house, it's rare that we don't see them there, about seven miles from us. But at our house, nothing. Zip. Until this little thermal hit...

Reactions: garnetsilver
Thanks, Goose! Here is a pic of Isoroku in his prime. He was my best friend for many years and too smart for a cat. I raised him from a kitten.

View attachment 30118
What a beautiful person that four legged is. I also had a cat that I miss often and think about daily. Strange as I was alwasy a dog person growing up. I often ask Max (my four legged friend) to give me a sign he is still around. Sometimes I can feel what seems like a cat jumping on the bed and walkng toward me. The only problem is I look and see no one. Look at the video I am going to post. I may have already posted this but if I did I am sorry as I dont really have that great a memory .

Just now I remembered that the SLS usually doesn't map-out non-humanoid forms (as per it's programming), so if it was Isoroku, he probably wouldn't have shown-up on it anyway.

I have thought I felt him laying next to me a few times, on the couch or on the bed, but I could never be sure that it wasn't just the power of wishful thinking.

Just now I remembered that the SLS usually doesn't map-out non-humanoid forms (as per it's programming), so if it was Isoroku, he probably wouldn't have shown-up on it anyway.

I have thought I felt him laying next to me a few times, on the couch or on the bed, but I could never be sure that it wasn't just the power of wishful thinking.
I've had pet visitations several times over the years, to the point of a lick on the foot and the bed actually moving from a boxer "jump" that was felt by my hubs as well. I believe they can cross back and forth over the rainbow bridge to check on us. It's just happened too many times for me to ignore it.

A Boxer is not a small dog, you would definitely feel it if one jumped up next to you!

Parenthetically, Boxers are just beautiful dogs.

Reactions: garnetsilver