Ending the time change

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Lawmakers pushing to end daylight saving time changes for public health

Lawmakers pushing to end daylight saving time changes for public health

The clocks will spring ahead again next month and many lawmakers across the country are pushing for them to stay there.

Adjusting to daylight saving time has been blamed for spikes in heart attacks and car accidents as people get used to a new sleep schedule.

A survey from the Associated Press shows that 70 percent of Americans want to put an end to switching the clocks.

So far, a handful of states have passed bills to make daylight saving time permanent: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Nevada, Oregon, Tennessee and Washington, USA Today reports. However, the states still need approval from the federal government to enact the change.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Please stop the madness! The time change must stop!
Agreed, these time changes are nonsense. Nothing strikes me as more ridiculous than resetting my clocks twice a year. It's simply humans going against nature again. The argument is that it somehow saves energy. Even if it does, the benefit just doesn't outweigh the cost of the sheer indignity of it all.

I must be honest, the time changes never really bothered me until I bought a watch smarter than I am. Resetting it, especially in the autumn, is a massive pain in the tuchus.

I hate the time changes too, because it has an adverse affect on my health. It is just like jet lag!

Reactions: Debi
I hate the time changes too, because it has an adverse affect on my health. It is just like jet lag!
Same here, Garnet. I think I moaned and groaned about it for about 3 weeks here on site last time change! The older I get, the worse the affect for me.

I don't mind this one I like daylight saving time. I HATE it when we go to daylight wasting time in the fall. The time change doesn't bother me. I am retired and don't live by the clock. I sleep when I'm tired and am up and about when I'm not tired. We eat one sit down meal a day at around 4or 5 PM. It isn't odd for me to be up at 3 to 4 in the morning. I see the sunrise at the end of my awake period more often than at the beginning. I have always been a night person when my work allowed it. I owned my own company and rule one was nothing happened before 9:30 AM.