Ears everywhere!

I am extremely lucky in that I have my entire family all living on the same property in two houses. We are as ONE family in two homes. When the kids want some adult time I get a visit from my sweet little Danni. She is 10 now and I have seen her almost every day of her life. I got to keep her from 6 to 6 for almost the first two whole years of her life. I love babies and was able to shift my work to the weekends and evenings and have my time with her. I feel SOOOO blessed. we all get along really well and all appreciate the things that living close allow. The adults get to have time with just them and WE get to have my Grandbaby for a visit. My wife's special time is that she picks Danni up from school every day and they get to do things just them. I offered to do it for her sometimes and was told straight up that that was HER time with the Baby. Life is good and couldn't be better.

I really don’t care if they listen. I’m sure my life is not that interesting. I love the convince. If I decide to take over the world, I will pull out the battery and burry it in the yard. ;bg3

I knew it! Dam**# bugs. Come on babies... time to work.

spider-web-fly-swatter.jpeg

79261115.dO9H5Vga.AMChaikin_070519_0508_Web.jpg2.jpg

30413985034_9a94ded7a2_b.jpg3.jpg

Well, I was creeped out last night when Critter named the topic of the commercial that played while we were listening to the podcast. I was hearing a completely different commercial! I wondered if the commercials were tailored to the person listening?

lol they can listen all they want not like they are going to find me interesting unless they like hearing me talking to spirits but that might be really bad now that I think about it eh whatever though I mean I could just be the crazy lady who talks to herself lol that is why if I move, I'm not going to get into using tech that much I'm reminded of that one song by a perfect circle called disillusioned I'd not be shocked if they used to tech to keep us in check and keep an eye on us these lyrics make sense though I mean we have become so obsessed with smartphones computers that they can listen in unsuspected by the majority

We have been overrun by our animal desire Addicts of the immediate keep us obedient and unaware Feeding this mutation, this pavlovian despair We've become disillusioned So we run towards anything glimmering Willingly been re-wired by clever agents within Looping our reflections, our obsessions draw us in Fix and fixation, no sentience beyond We've become disillusioned So we dive like crows towards anything glittering

Last edited:
Reactions: ozentity
Well, I was creeped out last night when Critter named the topic of the commercial that played while we were listening to the podcast. I was hearing a completely different commercial! I wondered if the commercials were tailored to the person listening?
Usually those are done by regions on iHeart.

I don't use any smart microphone devices except my phone, no webcams at home. And I have a habit of turning my phone completely off for hours at a time when I'm serious about not wanting to be disturbed.

The only popups I get are for things I've already purchased and no longer need. It does get annoying.

Never had a suggestion pop up from something merely discussed, however. That's weird and disturbing.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
Remember those spy movies where they ran the shower so anything "bugged" couldn't hear the conversation??? I'm about ready to do that. Once again, I mentioned something to my husband. I have never searched it on the computer. I have only spoken in my bedroom of the item. And lo and behold, a half hour later, there are ADS for it on my Facebook feed! Then the ads popped up on other sites I visit.

I'm gonna start running the shower around here!

View attachment 35685
Do you have Facebook on your smart phone? It is one of many aps that remembers things you say for marketing purposes. Other aps do it for other reasons. I have an iPhone and I always download my photos to my computer and delete them from my phone, also, I do not use the cloud. I have that function turned off. BUT 2 years after I took a trip with my daughter I was telling my friend about the trip and when I opened my phone the photos from that trip came up with a message "you might like to share these" or something like that. It bothers me and I have been known to leave my phone at home when I go out on errands. It doesn't bother me a bit not to have my phone with me. I remember when I couldn't afford 15.00 a month for a land line and had to use a pay phone or go to my sister's house if I needed to make a call. And if someone needed to get ahold of me they left a message with my sister or drove to my house.

Do you have Facebook on your smart phone? It is one of many aps that remembers things you say for marketing purposes. Other aps do it for other reasons. I have an iPhone and I always download my photos to my computer and delete them from my phone, also, I do not use the cloud. I have that function turned off. BUT 2 years after I took a trip with my daughter I was telling my friend about the trip and when I opened my phone the photos from that trip came up with a message "you might like to share these" or something like that. It bothers me and I have been known to leave my phone at home when I go out on errands. It doesn't bother me a bit not to have my phone with me. I remember when I couldn't afford 15.00 a month for a land line and had to use a pay phone or go to my sister's house if I needed to make a call. And if someone needed to get ahold of me they left a message with my sister or drove to my house.
No on the cloud and no apps on my cheapo phone. I don't even like to text! lol I'm essentially homebound so I don't get out and about at all. I'm thinking it's my TV or laptop, although I have all listening devices on them set to "off". Means nothing these days despite what the settings may say.

Reactions: garnetsilver
No on the cloud and no apps on my cheapo phone. I don't even like to text! lol I'm essentially homebound so I don't get out and about at all. I'm thinking it's my TV or laptop, although I have all listening devices on them set to "off". Means nothing these days despite what the settings may say.
Mr. Garnet brought a firestick home that a co-worker gave to him. The coworker and his wife were upgrading, so hubby accepted it. Once he plugged it in, I realized that the features were not useful to us (we already stream Netflix and Amazon prime through our computer, ) it had Alexa on it. The firestick has been returned to its former owner, lol.