Duct tape and zip ties...

I used the foil tape i mentioned earlier on holding exhaust together on one of the work trucks rofl. Needless to say that did not work so well haha.
What is foil tape?

I would add velcro strips to the list. I use two inch wide straps made with velcro to fasten a drink and cargo on the back of my bicycle. That is one strong tie down.
your "two inch" description made me flashback to ranger bands and 550 cord...other good alternative methods for tying down cargo, tools etc... from back in the field days...

Baling wire, Duct tape, Zip ties, Velcro strips, and ranger bands... I have a little bag of such that I carry any time I go someplace for a few days. With them, I can make all sorts of temporary repairs to almost anything. In a lot of cases the "temporary" repairs last longer than the original holders or unbroken parts.

your "two inch" description made me flashback to ranger bands and 550 cord...other good alternative methods for tying down cargo, tools etc... from back in the field days...
Has anyone ever used that "Flex Tape" shown in TV infomercials? It's expensive, but it's waterproof and holds like nothing else I've ever used.

I had a roll of it. My daughter was looking to make a home repair and used the stuff in lieu of duct tape. Worked great, except she can't get it off whatever it was she used it on. That stuff really sticks.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever used that "Flex Tape" shown in TV infomercials? It's expensive, but it's waterproof and holds like nothing else I've ever used.

I had a roll of it. My daughter was looking to make a home repair and used the stuff in lieu of duct tape. Worked great, except she can't get it off whatever it was she used it on. That stuff really sticks.
i might check that out just to see how it works, ive never had any luck with any of the "as seen on tv" stuff....lol... and ive bought (fell for) quite a few. my wife panics if im channel surfing and the knife show is on,,,lol......(ranger bands cut to size make good knife (fixed blade) and pistol grips too.) (good supply of bicycle innertubes comes in handy....lol)