Duct tape and zip ties...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

I'm thinking the title got your attention. ;bg3

The question is: What have you fixed using either of these two items?
Were you surprised that it worked?

329312686_734691994684321_4125635403415208537_n.jpg

Never used duct tape to fix anything. Foil tape is much better for that :) I have zip tied something before, nothing crucial lol. Have used electrical tape to fix gashes on the job so i don't bleed all over lol.

I have repaired the back end of an RV my husband tore half off at a gas station well enough to nurse it home and to the repair shop all the way from the TN/KY line.

My latest use was on my Kindle. The dang charger line would not stay in the plug, so I used two strips of duct tape to hold it in place so it would recharge. This kept it going for two months until my Peoria son gifted me a new Kindle for my birthday.

We go through duct tape like water around here. On what I'm not sure, but I keep buying it and the kid keeps using it on everything from sealing windows from leaks to de-furring the couch.

First time my husband bought a huge container of zip strips years ago, I laughed and said "You'll never use that many!" I admit...I was wrong. Bought tons since then. Currently, have one on my heating pad to hold the input wire in place. You'd have to see it to understand how this works, but it did. (Selectric, I did it safely, I promise.)

First time my husband bought a huge container of zip strips years ago, I laughed and said "You'll never use that many!" I admit...I was wrong. Bought tons since then. Currently, have one on my heating pad to hold the input wire in place. You'd have to see it to understand how this works, but it did. (Selectric, I did it safely, I promise.)
ive got zip ties from 3 inches to 12 inches.....use them for everything... ( usually more than they should be used for ), duct tape too.... ( 100 mph tape to those of the military bearing )

Many fence repairs have been made with bailing twine. I have fixed everything with duct tape and twine. My hubby is not good at fixing things. I have learned to be handy with temp fixes.