Drones over reactors

Those people that have drones seem to like spending a lot of their time going places where they are not wanted and shouldn't be.

Reactions: Debi and Paulm
Those people that have drones seem to like spending a lot of their time going places where they are not wanted and shouldn't be.
Human nature, everyone just has to know what's behind the curtain.....lol....... The worst thing to possibly do is tell ppl they are not allowed, that will guarantee everyone will try to peak between the fence boards.

Reactions: Debi
They would make interesting shooting targets. I bet that when they saw me taking a bead on their expensive toy they would freak and exit stage left in a hurry.

Reactions: Paulm and Debi
They would make interesting shooting targets. I bet that when they saw me taking a bead on their expensive toy they would freak and exit stage left in a hurry.
What is interesting is that a large percent of civilian drones use WiFi to control them, so all that is needed is a WiFi signal jammer, even more advanced drones can be jammed with a more expensive system that jams frequencies from 1 to 9 mhtz....you would think this would be part of a reactors defense systems.....but maybe not....lol

Reactions: Duke
What is interesting is that a large percent of civilian drones use WiFi to control them, so all that is needed is a WiFi signal jammer, even more advanced drones can be jammed with a more expensive system that jams frequencies from 1 to 9 mhtz....you would think this would be part of a reactors defense systems.....but maybe not....lol
I wondered the same thing. Remember just about a year ago, Marines afloat on one of the 'gators brought down a couple Iranian drones in the Straits of Hormuz with ECM gear? The Brits did the same thing with at least one of the drones that was interfering with air traffic at Gatwick using an Israeli jammer.

Reactions: Paulm
What concerns me is the very "Eyy, what ever!" attitude the plant is taking on this. "Nothing can harm us" thinking is normally when something bites you.

Reactions: Paulm
It is possible that a jammer of much power and reach is against the law. There are a lot of very restrictive Federal laws about doing things like that. I remember when the prisons around here were having a hard time with inmates getting cell phones which are not allowed and doing all sorts of things. A death row inmate got one and called a state representative and threatened his family. He knew where that guy lived, what schools his kids went to, and what kind of car he and his wife drove. It scared the crud out of him and you know how crud runs downhill.

He was on the phone to the governor immediately and then the governor read the riot act to the guy that is in charge of running the prisons. They all but tore that prison apart and had hundreds of inmates out of their cells and strip-searched while everything in their cells was thrown out in the hall and searched. The guy that made the call was stripped and all he had in his cell when they were done was a mattress and a sheet. they confiscated everything else.

They were going to put some sort of damper system on the prison units to block cell phone use. Even people that work there are not allowed to bring cell phones on the units so the only people that it would have affected would be inmates with illegal phones. The FEDs told them that it was against federal law to block any kind of use on public frequencies. That is the FEDs for you!

If this ECM gear can be used from onboard an LHD on war footing flight ops in the Straits of Hormuz, and at one of the busiest airports in Europe, I doubt the FCC would have a problem with it. Besides, unless there were EMI/EMC issues that directly affected the safe operation/security of the nuclear facility itself, taking out a potentially hostile drone is more important than concerns of interfering with someone's cell phone or soap opera.