Dress up for Halloween ?

You play piano ? Another wonderful skill. That would be spooky on Halloween.

"Play" the piano is up for interpretation. I took several years of piano and guitar lessons - both in school and through private tutoring - before my parents finally quit throwing their money away.

At age 14, a family friend who was a dance instructor told my parents that I was an incredibly interesting dancer because I had an atypical rhythm. At age 24, I'd be stared at for how frantic I appeared in aerobic classes at my gym. And, at age 28, a couple I'd infrequently go "dancing" with at a country western bar commented on how my pace was always twice as fast as the beat of the song.

I always thought that I had no rhythm at all; in reality I do but I only recognize syncopation. I quite literally only hear the rhythm that occurs between the beats of a song. For over 20 years I had been working hard to try to "catch up" with the beat which everyone else was dancing to but I could not synchronize my own body to same. That's why my pace was so fast and frantic - I was stuck between the beats trying to work my way out of my own natural yet atypical rhythm.

So, I can kinda play the piano when I try really hard. I inherited a cherished heirloom piano from my maternal Grandmother so I have to give it a try every once in a while regardless.

More appropriate to our forum Lynne, I do believe that my natural syncopatic state is likely one of the key reasons that I have been a strong psychic - because my mind and my body live comfortably between the vibrations where nothing else material seems to live.

Last edited:
"Play" the piano is up for interpretation. I took several years of piano and guitar lessons - both in school and through private tutoring - before my parents finally quit throwing their money away.

At age 14, a family friend who was a dance instructor told my parents that I was an incredibly interesting dancer because I had an atypical rhythm. At age 24, I'd be stared at for how frantic I appeared in aerobic classes at my gym. And, at age 28, a couple I'd infrequently go "dancing" with at a country western bar commented on how my pace was always twice as fast as the beat of the song.

I always thought that I had no rhythm at all; in reality I do but I only recognize syncopation. I quite literally only hear the rhythm that occurs between the beats of a song. For over 20 years I had been working hard to try to "catch up" with the beat which everyone else was dancing to but I could not synchronize my own body to same. That's why my pace was so fast and frantic - I was stuck between the beats trying to work my way out of my own natural yet atypical rhythm.

So, I can kinda play the piano when I try really hard. I inherited a cherished heirloom piano from my material Grandmother so I have to give it a try every once in a while regardless.

More appropriate to our forum Lynne, I do believe that my natural syncopatic state is likely one of the key reasons that I have been a strong psychic - because my mind and my body live comfortably between the vibrations where nothing else material seems to live.
Wands I am not surprised. It makes sense. You are the only person I’ve heard with this way of hearing music tho. Your description reminded me of something I read that the Dali Llama supposedly said. Something like... when meditating seek the point of consciousness in the present. The present exists the moment before the future and the sec after the past. In between is where God is. For some reason this resonated with me although it’s impossible to find.

Wands I am not surprised. It makes sense. You are the only person I’ve heard with this way of hearing music tho. Your description reminded me of something I read that the Dali Llama supposedly said. Something like... when meditating seek the point of consciousness in the present. The present exists the moment before the future and the sec after the past. In between is where God is. For some reason this resonated with me although it’s impossible to find.

Really loverly thoughts Lynne.

Reactions: Debi
Yes you summed that up perfectly.
A breathing exercise in zen meditation, concentrating on your breathing you soon realize you are focusing on each individual breath, the last breath is the past, the next breath is the future, but the breath you are taking at this moment is the present...soon this teaching will overlap into your everyday life so whatever you are doing you will do with purpose, mindfulness, you learn to live in the present, to live life in every breath.....in zen Buddhism its known as Mushin no shin.........its a nice goal to strive for with meditation.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
A breathing exercise in zen meditation, concentrating on your breathing you soon realize you are focusing on each individual breath, the last breath is the past, the next breath is the future, but the breath you are taking at this moment is the present...soon this teaching will overlap into your everyday life so whatever you are doing you will do with purpose, mindfulness, you learn to live in the present, to live life in every breath.....in zen Buddhism its known as Mushin no shin.........its a nice goal to strive for with meditation.
This is a wonderful gift Paul, thank you. I will try this. I am always trying to stay present and mindful. This really helps the melancholy I feel at times when i look forward or back too much. I calm myself with being present. This really helps stop the anxiety.

This is a wonderful gift Paul, thank you. I will try this. I am always trying to stay present and mindful. This really helps the melancholy I feel at times when i look forward or back too much. I calm myself with being present. This really helps stop the anxiety.
I have been trying to stay present more, as well! And I agree that it is calming to savor the moment.