Dreams

TexDanm

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
Dreams are odd things. I am a dreamer and most of my dreams are just odd extensions of my life and neither especially frightening nor fun. My version of nightmares usually revolves around frustration rather than fear or fright.

There are a couple of rather nice dreams that I have always had as reoccurring dreams. I often dream of being able to fly by the simple power of will. I can just lean forward and give a little hop and up I go. In some dreams I try to keep it secret and in others, I have a great time shaking people up by seeming to do impossible things.

My other dream has to do with my avatar. I have always had dreams of running in the woods and wild with my pack. I have all of my intelligence but am in the body of a big grey wolf. I am always happy and love the running and have all the instincts of a wolf. In my dreams, the taste of the flesh of a fresh kill is so sweet and wonderful and shared with my packmates. I have always preferred my steaks rare but occasionally I seem to crave one that is mostly just seared hot and raw. This usually comes after an especially vivid dream of being my wolf-self.

Does everyone have reoccurring dreams and do they sometimes seem to intrude into your waking life?

I agree with Christie, sounds like astral travel. I had a dream recently where I jumped up and started flying around too. There was something that did not want me doing so, and made it known. As far as recurring dreams, I used to dream very similar dreams of UFO's coming for me, but I think those were suppressed memories.

I had a flying dream a few nights ago, where I actually chided myself for walking and rose up effortlessly and was able to control the flying admirably. In the dream I was getting confused about directions so by flying, I was able to distance myself from the ground and gain perspective. It seemed to reflect on how my life is right now.

Reactions: Duke and Lynne
I had missed the flying dreams, and was happy to have one again. I read somewhere that flying dreams can be interpreted as literally "rising above" our earthly limitations.

Dreams are odd things. I am a dreamer and most of my dreams are just odd extensions of my life and neither especially frightening nor fun. My version of nightmares usually revolves around frustration rather than fear or fright.

There are a couple of rather nice dreams that I have always had as reoccurring dreams. I often dream of being able to fly by the simple power of will. I can just lean forward and give a little hop and up I go. In some dreams I try to keep it secret and in others, I have a great time shaking people up by seeming to do impossible things.

My other dream has to do with my avatar. I have always had dreams of running in the woods and wild with my pack. I have all of my intelligence but am in the body of a big grey wolf. I am always happy and love the running and have all the instincts of a wolf. In my dreams, the taste of the flesh of a fresh kill is so sweet and wonderful and shared with my packmates. I have always preferred my steaks rare but occasionally I seem to crave one that is mostly just seared hot and raw. This usually comes after an especially vivid dream of being my wolf-self.

Does everyone have reoccurring dreams and do they sometimes seem to intrude into your waking life?
Wow your wolf dreams are very interesting. I wonder if you have a spirit animal guide and you are connecting to it in your dreams.

Reactions: garnetsilver
I have always felt that the Wolf was my "totum" or spirit guide. My nature is in a lot of ways rather wolflike if you study the true lifestyle of a wolf. I don't need or like a lot of people around me but have a pack of friends that are family. I may seem at times to be rather rough but love children and have always loved babies. I took a year off to take care of my Granddaughter when she was a baby so her parents could work to catch their bills up and loved it. There is something magic about holding a baby and just rocking and loving them. For me, it was like achieving nirvana. On the other side, I am a survivalist and used to be a licensed gun dealer and gunsmith. I love the night and can see in the dark to a rather unusual extent. I have a comfort level in the dark woods that is instinctual and can move through the dark like a ghost. I am a shadow-dancer. Wolves in their pack are very loving and gentle animals. They will care for their injured and raise their cubs communally. I am in many ways like a wolf.

I have always felt that the Wolf was my "totum" or spirit guide. My nature is in a lot of ways rather wolflike if you study the true lifestyle of a wolf. I don't need or like a lot of people around me but have a pack of friends that are family. I may seem at times to be rather rough but love children and have always loved babies. I took a year off to take care of my Granddaughter when she was a baby so her parents could work to catch their bills up and loved it. There is something magic about holding a baby and just rocking and loving them. For me, it was like achieving nirvana. On the other side, I am a survivalist and used to be a licensed gun dealer and gunsmith. I love the night and can see in the dark to a rather unusual extent. I have a comfort level in the dark woods that is instinctual and can move through the dark like a ghost. I am a shadow-dancer. Wolves in their pack are very loving and gentle animals. They will care for their injured and raise their cubs communally. I am in many ways like a wolf.
This was your most eloquent quote. I can clearly see you in your words. Nicely written.