Dreams

Kate_Blane

Reaction score
The reason I am posting this is to find people who have gone through the same experiences I have. I feel like these are more than mere coincidences. I have been experiencing many paranormal things specifically sleep paralysis since I was 14. When I saw the movie "the nightmare" I thought oh great it will give me more insight! It didn't...I know the mechanics behind it and the possible causes for it. I have even been able to induce it and wiggle my way out of it. However, my SP is more than scary visual and auditory hallucinations. If I manage not to fight it and keep calm without fully waking...I will feel my body vibrate. I don't know if vibrate is the word but it's like a buzzing sensation from the top of my head on down to my feet. Then I will go into a very vivid dream. Most of these dreams will be full of symbolism or even premonitions. I had way too many to think it was an overactive imagination. I manage to figure out how to control them through meditation because at one point it was out of control. I was having an episode at least 4 nights a week. Recently, I have been sleeping without any episodes.

The reason I am posting this is to find people who have gone through the same experiences I have. I feel like these are more than mere coincidences. I have been experiencing many paranormal things specifically sleep paralysis since I was 14. When I saw the movie "the nightmare" I thought oh great it will give me more insight! It didn't...I know the mechanics behind it and the possible causes for it. I have even been able to induce it and wiggle my way out of it. However, my SP is more than scary visual and auditory hallucinations. If I manage not to fight it and keep calm without fully waking...I will feel my body vibrate. I don't know if vibrate is the word but it's like a buzzing sensation from the top of my head on down to my feet. Then I will go into a very vivid dream. Most of these dreams will be full of symbolism or even premonitions. I had way too many to think it was an overactive imagination. I manage to figure out how to control them through meditation because at one point it was out of control. I was having an episode at least 4 nights a week. Recently, I have been sleeping without any episodes.
Hi Kate. Actually, that buzzing/vibration sensation is often associated with OBE's...out of body experiences or astral projection. It's a common factor in those experiences. The vivid dreams you speak of....is it possible you are actually experiencing some of this in another plane/level/realm? That would tie in with the vibration. (Just throwing things out there for you.)

Hi Kate,
As someone who goes through sleep paralysis often, I can relate. I do however think there are more than one reason for this cause. Can I ask you what types of dreams/nightmares you’re having?

Its interesting that it could be an OBE,I have had sleep paralysis type things happen and a falling sensation that wakes me up.Maybe falling back into my body.These scare me as it feels like your soul is lost and feels good to return to it.As a kid it would feel like a witch was holding me down and cackling in my ear,unable to move it was terrifying.I don't believe these are our imagination.

Okay, I will give you a few instances.
  1. When I was taking a nap and I had an SP hallucination of my late grandmother walking from my bathroom to my bedroom door.
  2. One night when I didn't fight the SP and let myself go into another dream I saw someone breaking into my house and a couple of nights later our cars got broken into.
  3. Two days before my son's father got into his motorcycle accident I had a dream his car had flipped. He decided to just drive his bike the next few days :/. He survived but had really bad road rash.
  4. I had dreams about my family member's phone conversations with other people. The next day I would call them and ask what they were talking about with so and so. Then I would tell them I dreamed about it.
I rather have the dreams than the hallucinations because those are downright creepy. I have seen the hat man and shadow ppl. I just wiggle myself out of it and sleep under two blankets leave a little hole for air so I can breathe!

Hi Kate. Actually, that buzzing/vibration sensation is often associated with OBE's...out of body experiences or astral projection. It's a common factor in those experiences. The vivid dreams you speak of....is it possible you are actually experiencing some of this in another plane/level/realm? That would tie in with the vibration. (Just throwing things out there for you.)
Hmm now that is interesting! What are these realms or different planes? Do they have names or levels?

Reactions: garnetsilver
Its interesting that it could be an OBE,I have had sleep paralysis type things happen and a falling sensation that wakes me up.Maybe falling back into my body.These scare me as it feels like your soul is lost and feels good to return to it.As a kid it would feel like a witch was holding me down and cackling in my ear,unable to move it was terrifying.I don't believe these are our imagination.
I hate that falling sensation and yes I am with you on that. It's a little too much to be all in our heads.

Okay, I will give you a few instances.
  1. When I was taking a nap and I had an SP hallucination of my late grandmother walking from my bathroom to my bedroom door.
  2. One night when I didn't fight the SP and let myself go into another dream I saw someone breaking into my house and a couple of nights later our cars got broken into.
  3. Two days before my son's father got into his motorcycle accident I had a dream his car had flipped. He decided to just drive his bike the next few days :/. He survived but had really bad road rash.
  4. I had dreams about my family member's phone conversations with other people. The next day I would call them and ask what they were talking about with so and so. Then I would tell them I dreamed about it.
I rather have the dreams than the hallucinations because those are downright creepy. I have seen the hat man and shadow ppl. I just wiggle myself out of it and sleep under two blankets leave a little hole for air so I can breathe!

I find it interesting that you're having premonition dreams while having sleep paralysis. The hat man and shadow people during this troubles me though. You may be having visits from something demonic. It's what plagues me and has since I was a teenager. There is speculation that people who are psychics who see the future are being told things from the other side unknowingly, and that demons/angels are the reason they know the things they do. If that's true and you're being attacked by a demon while you sleep, it could be relaying information to you, even unknowingly relaying it to you because you yourself are clairvoyant to some degree. I believe most people are clairvoyant to some extent. I think other's have more of the gift than others though. Wearing blessed medallions, saying the Michael prayer, spraying holy water could help. Sleeping on your side is helpful as well. I find it much easier to break free when I'm on my side and not so easy when I'm flat on my back. I NEVER sleep on my back anymore. Just some things you might consider. I don't mean to scare you, I just want you to have all pertinent information to be able to combat this.

Reactions: garnetsilver