garnetsilver

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it, but do you guys ever discuss dreams on these forums? I would like to share one that puzzled and disturbed me, since it didn't seem like a dream.

About two weeks ago, I was sound asleep when I woke (I thought) with a strong sense of foreboding. So I sat up in bed and noticed that the bedroom was pretty dim, even though it was full daylight. The bed room looked very different; lots of things piled up nearly to the ceiling as if I were a serious hoarder! I couldn't see what the stuff was; looked like boxes but it was too dark to tell. They were even piled in front of the windows so that I could only see the upper half of the drapes.

Alarmed, I got out of bed. There were things piled next to my bed, making a wall about as high as my height. I had to thread a path through the stuff to get to the living room. There I found the door leading to the staircase that leads down to the front door wide open, and a shopping cart lying on its side nearby. (We live in a second floor apartment, so there is no way a heavy shopping cart could have been brought upstairs.) I feared that my cat had gotten out and went to look for her, but this room was just as crowded and cramped as the bedroom had been, with boxes and things stacked nearly to the ceiling. I suspected that I must be dreaming, so I returned to the bedroom and got back into bed.

I seemed to sleep, but woke again in the same room. Now I was really scared, and got out of bed and wove through the stacks again to reach the living room. This time I could hear voices and realized that three men were sitting on the sofa, behind the boxes and things, and were discussing the sale of some object. I assumed one of the men must be my husband, but they all looked very young. I returned to the bedroom and got into bed, then called for my husband. The three men came to the bedroom and I protested that I wasn't dressed. So they all left the room and I struggled hard to wake. After dozing again, I woke to my normal surroundings.

I would love to hear feedback about this. My sister thought it was an alternate reality, because I also felt and looked much younger than I am now.

Yes, we definitely do discuss dreams here. :) Most of the time we do that over in the Paranormal Experiences forum area. You will find more if you kind of dig through the stories.

It could be another reality setting, but most times I recommend people to look at what that dream may have been trying to tell you. Are you feeling blocked or penned in by a situation or place? Feel a little overwhelmed by "stuff" in your life? I would look at the symbolism it presents and see how it might connect to your waking life.

Interesting, Debi! I did think of feeling blocked by stuff, but the part that intrigued me was trying to wake from it and having it continue. I haven't dreamed one of those "waking dreams" for a long time, and this is why it stood out. But I think I am on the right track to interpreting it now.

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi
I also felt and looked much younger than I am now.
That's because our minds always see ourselves in a younger version. The body may have grown older, but I swear I'm still 22 on the inside! Which is why when I look in the mirror I often think "There must be some mistake!" lol

That's because our minds always see ourselves in a younger version. The body may have grown older, but I swear I'm still 22 on the inside! Which is why when I look in the mirror I often think "There must be some mistake!" lol
Yeah, same here. It's always a shock!:confounded:

Reactions: Debi and ghostkind
My 2 cents.......In my "gifted dreamer/astral traveler" opinion, when you dream of a house or house like structure it is a visual representation of deep emotions/feelings.For example in the early 2000's I became ill with a neurological disease that went undiagnosed for an extended amout of time.
I started to dream about my childhood houses and usually my dreams would take place in the bathroom of said houses. I wont go into details about the nightmare content of these "dreams" but after a while I made the corralation ( with the help of my guides) between the fact that I was physically, very ill and was dreaming of where you go when not feeling well........to the bathroom to be alone, puke, cry ect...or hide from people seeing you so ill.....I wasnt just physically ill, I was emotionally ill from all the stress of dealing with so much pain and the doctors not knowing what exactly was wrong with me.
Dreaming of your "bedroom"?......what does your bedroom mean to you? how does it make you feel? safe, comfortable, warm, relaxed..... peaceful?
What is threating your sense of safety, comfort, warmth, rest..peace?? Or whatever emotions you associate with your bedroom?
Something is inpeeding your space (represented by the hoarding aspect of the dream) Something feels "off" (represented by the fact that your room seems like yours, but not quite).......
Whenever I dream of a house, shed, barn ect I always pay special attention to where I am in the house and how i feel being there.

Light&Love

My 2 cents.......In my "gifted dreamer/astral traveler" opinion, when you dream of a house or house like structure it is a visual representation of deep emotions/feelings.For example in the early 2000's I became ill with a neurological disease that went undiagnosed for an extended amout of time.
I started to dream about my childhood houses and usually my dreams would take place in the bathroom of said houses. I wont go into details about the nightmare content of these "dreams" but after a while I made the corralation ( with the help of my guides) between the fact that I was physically, very ill and was dreaming of where you go when not feeling well........to the bathroom to be alone, puke, cry ect...or hide from people seeing you so ill.....I wasnt just physically ill, I was emotionally ill from all the stress of dealing with so much pain and the doctors not knowing what exactly was wrong with me.
Dreaming of your "bedroom"?......what does your bedroom mean to you? how does it make you feel? safe, comfortable, warm, relaxed..... peaceful?
What is threating your sense of safety, comfort, warmth, rest..peace?? Or whatever emotions you associate with your bedroom?
Something is inpeeding your space (represented by the hoarding aspect of the dream) Something feels "off" (represented by the fact that your room seems like yours, but not quite).......
Whenever I dream of a house, shed, barn ect I always pay special attention to where I am in the house and how i feel being there.

Light&Love
Good analysis, Aces.

Light&Love
This gave me much food for thought, Aces! One thing that stood out in this dream, was the fact that while I was aware that these weren't my normal surroundings, I felt very comfortable with all the clutter. It was as if I had lived that way for quite some time; weird, huh? Because in reality I cannot stand clutter and junk everywhere. I spend most of my time picking up and putting away because I crave nice, clean surroundings. Since we sold our house three years ago and took an apartment, there is always clutter because we no longer have that extra space. But at least it isn't as bad as in that dream, lol.