Dreams : What's your take?

Two nights ago my dreaming turned lucid. I have been struggling with trying to do this deliberately for a long time, and suddenly succeeded without really trying to.

In the dream I started flying around in idle curiosity. I entered a building; it looked like an apartment building. There were two men standing on the landing in front of a window, discussing something. I landed just to the side of them. One kept glancing in my direction as if suspicious, but kept talking. I wasn't paying attention to what they were saying, just worried that I could be seen. He glanced again, then a third time. At this point it wasn't lucid anymore; in other words, I couldn't control what was happening in the dream. He suddenly snarled, "I feel you!" He picked up some kind of potion in a jar and aimed it at me. I escaped through the window.

Two nights ago my dreaming turned lucid. I have been struggling with trying to do this deliberately for a long time, and suddenly succeeded without really trying to.

In the dream I started flying around in idle curiosity. I entered a building; it looked like an apartment building. There were two men standing on the landing in front of a window, discussing something. I landed just to the side of them. One kept glancing in my direction as if suspicious, but kept talking. I wasn't paying attention to what they were saying, just worried that I could be seen. He glanced again, then a third time. At this point it wasn't lucid anymore; in other words, I couldn't control what was happening in the dream. He suddenly snarled, "I feel you!" He picked up some kind of potion in a jar and aimed it at me. I escaped through the window.
It's almost like the dream started fighting you. I had that happen to me when i tried to do what i wanted. Some random person kept interfering...frustrating lol.

Reactions: garnetsilver
It's almost like the dream started fighting you. I had that happen to me when i tried to do what i wanted. Some random person kept interfering...frustrating lol.
Oh, that's interesting! I hadn't thought of it in that way, as interference. But it certainly was!

Reactions: Selectric
Another part of that dream was interesting;; shortly after escaping from the hostile man, I felt lost and started walking down a street. I saw a street sign, and it was blurred, just like it would be in real life.
(I am nearsighted.) I had to get up close to read it, and when I did, I recognized it as a street nearby. I felt as happy as if I were lost in real time and knew that I could get home from there.

I live near Santa Anita racetrack. Too bad I don't have any prophetic dreams about that. :cool:
What do you feel they actually are? Is it something random that we all experience in our slumber? Do you feel that they can offer us comfort, closure or solace? Or is it just something we can't control deep within our consciousness?
Hellooo, in my experience dreams are either processing, or can also be something deeper,bringing solace or sometimes a warning. As a child, I would dream about people, and then find out they had died recently. It happens every now and then as an adult as well. I have found that my dreams are comforting, and healing, and sometimes lead to a message in my waking life. I just go with it now. :)

What do you feel they actually are? Is it something random that we all experience in our slumber? Do you feel that they can offer us comfort, closure or solace? Or is it just something we can't control deep within our consciousness?
I believe Dreams are our minds way of departing the body to interact with the world of Spirit. They offer us a chance to process the many bits of information our conscious minds cannot process and give us a chance to make sense of the world and Other World we spend 8 hours in every night. We are Spirit-Beings inhabiting bodies here but we NEED that time to process the data or we'd go mad. Just my 2-cents worth - There are many opinions and ideas. I just hope mine is close to the Truth of Things. ;>)

There are almost as many types of dreams as there are situations and people it sometimes seems. My dreams are sometimes as real as fresh memories with full details of past and present. They seem totally logical and normal...until you wake up and try to grasp what had seemed so exact and understandable in the dream.

Most of my dreams are rather mundane and don't seem to offer me anything past a little entertainment. I do have what I feel are prophetic dreams occasionally. I wish that they would be useful like maybe the next winning lottery numbers. What I get instead tends to be glimpses into other people's futures. Sadly those dreams are more like the National Enquirer than anything useful.

I seem to have a feel for bad things coming over the horizon. What I see seems to be as unchangeable as the past. GREAT, I get to know and sweat bad things both before and after they happen. Foreseeing the death of a loved one has no good part. It seldom if ever is something that you can change or even improve so what good is it?

I have had a few glimpses that have been beneficial to me but in at least one of those cases it left me feeling guilty. I ducked and dodged before it happened and the car glass that should have hit me in the face instead hit the person beside me. He was massively scared for life.

Should I or even could I have warned him to duck too. He was older than me and I doubt that in the parts of seconds that we had that he would have done anything that I told him to do. That glass went over me and behind me and nearly tore his face OFF. Of the 6 people in the car, I was the only one that didn't leave in an ambulance. I didn't have a mark on me. I had them call my Mama and she came and picked me up. I told my Mama that I saw the car before I could have seen it. I couldn't understand why the driver didn't know it too without waiting for it to happen.

She told me then that other people can't do that and some of the other things that I had started manifesting then. she told me not to say ANYTHING to anyone else about these things because they wouldn't understand. Honestly, I think that I sort of creeped her out sometimes. She didn't care for things that were ...ODD. My Dad understood and told me not to worry about it but to pay attention when that which protects me spoke to me. I gather that I wasn't the only one in my father's line that was rather "strange". They dealt with it by not talking about it.

Scott/Irish people seem to have a lot of things that they don't talk about. ??? The good thing is that not a single member of that line has ever died of an accident or while serving in the military during any war. I guess we always duck first and fast. I do wish though that I would just suddenly KNOW about the lottery numbers or something else useful.

After thinking about it I think that one time that did happen. I was trying to get "friendly" with her best friend's older sister. I somehow ended up spending more time talking to the younger girl in the back seat. She was 4 years younger than me and TOO young for me to even date but she fascinated me. We talked on the phone a lot. She refused to give me her phone number but gave me the first three numbers not counting any area code and that it was an unusual name. There was SOMETHING about her that I couldn't get out of my head.

I sat down with a phone book a few days later and started calling numbers. On about the 20th call I found her. We went steady for three years and married less than two months after her 18th birthday. I had to let her graduate Highschool first you know. This will be our 47th anniversary so counting the steady time we've been together for 50 years.

We were about the most unlikely pair you can imagine. I was a 19-year-old hippie with longer than shoulder-length hair. She was a 15 year old small town country girl. I was QUITE a shock to her Dad. I think the thing that sold him on me was that I was a soon-to-be journeyman machinist and made really good money doing that. We were a lot alike in some ways. He worked in the oil and sulfur fields and I worked in a big shipyard shop. We made offshore drilling rigs and other oilfield equipment and did ship repairs. I think that before me he thought long hair meant lazy and not too bright.