Dream visitors

Good analogy, Paint. I would also add that for myself, I am never in "child" mode when an actual visit takes place and I have actually had visitors state, "I have come to tell you..." This to me indicates a visit vs a dream only.

Visitation dreams tend to be extremely clear and vivid, like on that new film Paint mentions. And they stick in memory.
That reminds me of a dream that I had in which my father unexpectedly appeared; this was years before his death. In the dream I was in this town that looked like something out of the old West; there were no proper sidewalks, just wooden boards in places, and old fashioned buildings with bat wing doors. Suddenly my father appeared, wearing what looked like buckskin or suede clothing, and he looked startled to see me there. He didn't speak to me, but went through a door that had a wooden sign over it that read Post Office.

Later that day, I went to check my mail, and found a letter from him.

WandS, that is so well stated.
You touched on something that I was never able to articulate. My Dad passed away 5 years ago and he visits me in my dreams. It is a rare occurrence but the nature of the dream is always lucid. I think lucidity is a key feature of dreams of our loved ones.

Thank you mucho Paint for the compliment. I only write them as I sees them. And the PNF is key to helping me “sees them” (or “seize ‘em”) repeatedly in new ways.

I will volunteer that after writing that post, I immediately wondered the following...

“I wonder if most if not possibly all of my dreams are ‘potentially’ lucid. However, it takes something especially meaningful to switch my dream over into ‘full lucid mode’ “ Paint.

Very, very luckily two things which I have been lucky enough to train myself to purposely trigger lucidity is (a) need to urinate and (b) need to ‘wet dream’ [I apologize to everyone for the frankness] such that I can awake myself in order to get outta bed if necessary prior to an accident.

So back to my more publicly acceptable point Paint, I wonder if ALL of my dreams are potentially lucid. But it just takes a specific “trained trigger” to put me over the edge of lucidity? And, my parents for example happen to fit into that set of triggers.

Last edited:
Very, very luckily two things which I have been lucky enough to train myself to purposely trigger lucidity is (a) need to urinate and (b) need to ‘wet dream’ [I apologize to everyone for the frankness] such that I can awake myself in order to get outta bed if necessary prior to an accident.

I get that. I have trigger's to wake me from nightmares and having to pee is one of them.

WandS, that is so well stated.
You touched on something that I was never able to articulate. My Dad passed away 5 years ago and he visits me in my dreams. It is a rare occurrence but the nature of the dream is always lucid. I think lucidity is a key feature of dreams of our loved ones.
Good points. I think our conscious mind is involved and this allows us to remember. I believe these are often real visitations.