Doppleganger

Explain about the cloths againbif you don’t mind. Did you find cloths in the barn?
No. The girls just saw me walking out to the barn wearing the drywall mud jacket and stuff I was wearing when we got home. The clothes I was gathering from my dresser in my room & had in my arms when I walked into the kitchen....at the same moment they just saw me walking to the barn.

No. The girls just saw me walking out to the barn wearing the drywall mud jacket and stuff I was wearing when we got home. The clothes I was gathering from my dresser in my room & had in my arms when I walked into the kitchen....at the same moment they just saw me walking to the barn.
Several things pop up as possibles....and I have no way of knowing if or why, true or not. BUT, some people who have seen this kind of thing have mentioned time shifts, alternate dimensions leaking through, and tulpas. Those are just 3 of the possible explanations I have heard in the past for dopplegangers.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Several things pop up as possibles....and I have no way of knowing if or why, true or not. BUT, some people who have seen this kind of thing have mentioned time shifts, alternate dimensions leaking through, and tulpas. Those are just 3 of the possible explanations I have heard in the past for dopplegangers.
I agree the time shift is exactly what my first thought was. They either saw him in a past event or a future one.

This experience reminds me of the 1996 movie "Multiplicity" where Michael Keaton's character duplicates himself because he doesn't have enough time to do all that he wants to during the day. Don't we all wish that this were possible on a temporary basis from time to time.

I have some thoughts but I'm going to need to practice writing them down a bit as it's making my head hurt thinking about it...

back when i had long hair I saw myself everywhere How many long haired Half french other Cheyenne people you think are out there? look at any rock band you will see at least one. I was told i looked like the lead singer for Tesla others said the lead singer for iron maiden and when i started to get older someone said I looked like Alice cooper I cut my hair after than.

Okay, I'm tired, but against good sense here are my gibberish notes which look like the crazed and incoherent ramblings of a nutcase:

Reality is defined not only by our perception of it but by ourself, though it is in competition with the gestalt reality inflicted by others.

Things needed to gain mastery of the self and thus reality, which is shaped by you and also by all others who are part of the whole with each being the whole:

The art of flying is throwing oneself at the ground and missing.

Tiredness creates the mental incompetence needed to do half of this.

Also you were completely in control due to your state of mind

You weren't thinking about it though due to the preceding.

You had a powerful sense of purpose directed through will in two different directions at once. Thoughts directed at the whole rather than the self, aiding skirting the sense of self.

Reality is built of mathematics at a deep level, and probability is a deep part of that. Reality is a series of probabilities all of which play out, but our sense of time which we inflict on ourselves to stay sane rather than constantly experiencing every moment of our lives and the sense of self which prevents us from experiencing every other life all at once causes those probabilities to collapse into one which is defined as the one that happened. To us.

The consensus view of what happened to each self determines material reality.

Intense sense of purpose + tiredness short circuiting connection to normal reality + total focus +intense thought of two things that must be at once in contradiction to the normal reality = you missed the ground and for a short while were in charge of reality where it related to your will.

- end of rough thoughts. Sorry , this probably looks like nonsense. Feel free to ask what on Earth any part of that means!

Last edited:
Okay, I'm tired, but against good sense here are my gibberish notes which look like the crazed and incoherent ramblings of a nutcase:

Reality is defined not only by our perception of it but by ourself, though it is in competition with the gestalt reality inflicted by others.

Things needed to gain mastery of the self and thus reality, which is shaped by you and also by all others who are part of the whole with each being the whole:

You had a powerful sense of purpose directed through will in two different directions at once. Thoughts directed at the whole rather than the self, aiding skirting the sense of self.

Reality is built of mathematics at a deep level, and probability is a deep part of that. Reality is a series of probabilities all of which play out, but our sense of time which we inflict on ourselves to stay sane rather than constantly experiencing every moment of our lives and the sense of self which prevents us from experiencing every other life all at once causes those probabilities to collapse into one which is defined as the one that happened. To us.

Intense sense of purpose + tiredness short circuiting connection to normal reality + total focus +intense thought of two things that must be at once in contradiction to the normal reality = you missed the ground and for a short while were in charge of reality where it related to your will.

- end of rough thoughts. Sorry , this probably looks like nonsense. Feel free to ask what on Earth any part of that means!

No, no. Not at all. This is exactly what I was thinking. My will split me in two. I willed both things at once. The suspension of conscious thought (from fatigue, which in my experience produces a dream-like state) at that moment in time allowed the spirit part of me to form some type of image at least of walking to the barn.

Still the weirdest part of all remains: The INVISIBLE part of my being that should not be able to act in this physical realm, actually got clothes in my arms! Something about walking down the hall to confront the girls brought the two "me"s back together because when I rounded the corner and heard the girls' shock, I instantly looked out the window thinking we had an intruder by the barns. They said "you were just there" (they pointed to the path clearly visible on the way to the barn).."...and now you're here!" I wonder what your thoughts are on the visible part of me doing nothing but being seen vs the invisible part of me (the girl swears she came in my small room, where every point is visible from another and did not see me at all. Where the phone was and where she said she entered is literally like 5 feet away from my dresser.)

And yes, thinking about this does make one weary. It makes my head hurt.

Reactions: Benway and 7Critter

Ben the scary thing is I think I understood this.:D

Reactions: garnetsilver