Doppleganger

Mrs Cooper

Reaction score
When I was really ill several years ago I had my kids, some renters and others say they saw my doppleganger when I was away at other places that other witnesses could swear to. Has this happened to anyone else?

I'm new here. Regards.

Hi Mrs Cooper and welcome to the forum. Others will be along with more experience than I have but...

Many years ago work colleagues of my partner at the time said they saw me busking in a shopping mall where I did occasionally but I was elsewhere at the time. I was a kinda unique street performer playing celtic music on a tenor banjo (4 strings rather than the usual 5), so very distinctive. They swore they saw me and my partner thought I was lying as I denied being there and that caused a rift. Why it should be important I have no idea what difference it made as to the location I was playing in on a particular day.

Anyway they insisted I was there when I wasn't, it would be a strange doppelganger in such circumstances and never did get an explanation

When I was really ill several years ago I had my kids, some renters and others say they saw my doppleganger when I was away at other places that other witnesses could swear to. Has this happened to anyone else?

I'm new here. Regards.
I had a similar experience, but the answer was not what I expected. I actually found I have a double out there that lives one town over. We look almost like twins. I finally met her in a store one day. Very disturbing to be looking at yourself and you are not twins. Any chance you have someone out there that looks like you?

I'm new here. Regards.
Hi Mrs Cooper. Any relation to Alice ? :) Had to ask. Welcome to the ParaNormal Forum. If I saw a twin of myself, it would freak me out.

Reactions: ghostkind and Debi
No. No relation to Alice Cooper. Lol. The sightings of my double occurred mainly at my place. The first time I was seen by my daughter & a friend walking out to feed my horses while I was actually in my room getting clothes for a shower. When I walked out of my room to the kitchen where the girls were, they both screamed in unison & went white as ash. They asked how I got into the house in an instant from clear out at the stalls.

My son saw me another time he said “ten times my normal size” but only from the waist up, looming over a large shrub. He was messing with a goat as I’d told him not to before. I was inside laying down at the time.

There were other accounts I’ll post on later.

I have a doppleganger, but as with others here, he's just a man who looks uncannily like me. I have some fun mistaken identity stories and how I actually met him but I've always been fascinated with the paranormal type of doppleganger and yours sounds far more like that. A giant you! I've never even heard of a giant double before. It sounds like your stories easily top mine (by about fifty feet) and I'm looking forward to hearing more.

Hi Mrs Cooper and welcome to the forum. Others will be along with more experience than I have but...

Many years ago work colleagues of my partner at the time said they saw me busking in a shopping mall where I did occasionally but I was elsewhere at the time. I was a kinda unique street performer playing celtic music on a tenor banjo (4 strings rather than the usual 5), so very distinctive. They swore they saw me and my partner thought I was lying as I denied being there and that caused a rift. Why it should be important I have no idea what difference it made as to the location I was playing in on a particular day.

Anyway they insisted I was there when I wasn't, it would be a strange doppelganger in such circumstances and never did get an explanation
Your double played music too!! That’s really wild, no wonder they really thought it was you.

Reactions: garnetsilver
No. No relation to Alice Cooper. Lol. The sightings of my double occurred mainly at my place. The first time I was seen by my daughter & a friend walking out to feed my horses while I was actually in my room getting clothes for a shower. When I walked out of my room to the kitchen where the girls were, they both screamed in unison & went white as ash. They asked how I got into the house in an instant from clear out at the stalls.

My son saw me another time he said “ten times my normal size” but only from the waist up, looming over a large shrub. He was messing with a goat as I’d told him not to before. I was inside laying down at the time.

There were other accounts I’ll post on later.
Before I read your sons account I was going to suggest a time slip or a residual replay. You probably make the same trip out daily and perhaps your energy is imprinted somehow. There is the time slip theory where for some reason. They saw YOU but it was out of time.

If your sighting happened out in public I’d say it was a look alike. However this is happening on your property so it’s not likely another person. There are stories of entities that use the visage of a familier person to lure their victims away. Hopefully this is not the case.

Before I read your sons account I was going to suggest a time slip or a residual replay. You probably make the same trip out daily and perhaps your energy is imprinted somehow. There is the time slip theory where for some reason. They saw YOU but it was out of time.

If your sighting happened out in public I’d say it was a look alike. However this is happening on your property so it’s not likely another person. There are stories of entities that use the visage of a familier person to lure their victims away. Hopefully this is not the case.
I'd thought about that too. But the girls described what I was wearing that day. It was very distinct. And never before had I worn that same look or since. I was wearing an old jean jacket I almost never wore, and it was covered in drywall mud as I'd just been drywalling before I went to pick up the girls at school. As the girls went into the front door, I followed them and hesitated on the porch. I looked towards the stalls and was thinking "well it's time to feed and I really should feed before I shower so I don't get all dirty after showering....but I'm SO dirty and SO tired, I really would like to refresh with a shower." So I followed them inside. They went down the hall to the kitchen. I turned left into my bedroom to gather clean clothes.

I think the moment I hesitated was the time I split apart.

So here's the weird thing and the story continues. As I was inside getting my clothes, the phone rang. It was in my room because of an old line hookup we hadn't changed yet...long story...anyway it was ringing in my room and the girls were chatting, raiding the fridge by the glass door looking out to the stalls. I yelled "could you get the phone?! My hands are full!"...no answer (the distance was only 30 feet to the kitchen through an open door with no background noise.) Then one of the girls asked the other "should we get the phone?"...I yelled louder "YES, GET THE PHONE!". Then this is the weird part. The phone stopped ringing; and that was when I went out to confront the girls about why they didn't pick up...and then they screamed. The friend of my daughter insisted she had gone in my room to get the phone but it stopped ringing as soon as she approached it. I did not see her in my room, nor did she see me!

The friend was so rattled by this incident that she never returned to hang out with my daughter at our home. She was a horse girl and always wanted to come over to beg rides.

So, apparently the solid me that could be seen was walking out to the stalls. (however upon checking right after, no feed was given to the horses). Meanwhile the invisible me was able to gather clothes, evidenced by the pile in my arms as I walked into the kitchen. How about that? That part still has me stumped to this day and I welcome others' theories as to what exactly this means on a physics/metaphysical thought?

Explain about the cloths againbif you don’t mind. Did you find cloths in the barn?