doppelganger

ghostkind

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
This happened in the late ’80s. I was driving on a college campus to register for some art classes. A car drove closely behind me clear across the campus. I was miffed. When I got to the registrar’s building I pulled up in a parking space and waited to see what that car would do. It pulled right up behind me and stopped as if to block me in.

I got out, a little afraid. A guy in his 20s I think got out and his face looked like he just saw a ghost. He walked up to me humbly and called me by some girl’s name. I said that’s not my name. He looked surprised and a little hurt. He told me his name and I said I don’t know you. His face looked even more surprised and hurt. Then he said in a pathetic voice “don’t you remember me?” I said no. I sort of felt sorry for him. Then he backed away slowly, almost in tears, got in his car and drove off.

I must’ve been a dead ringer for that girl. He was looking right at me. My question is can doppelgängers be younger versions of you? I was in my 30s at the time. However, I did look in my 20s.

I wonder if he was a ghost and looking for someone to recognize him. And he does that to those that can do the ability you do. You must be a medium. I'm guessing but first thing I thought was maybe he's a lost ghost trying to find someone that will recognize him and he can't go further than that area. And you reminded him of someone that would help him. I ought to write a story on that now. I have seen shows like that and always love them. Just reminded me of that. But it could be you just looked like a relative to him too. Or someone he knew before. Sounds like that guy is a ghost to me though. Wandering spirit type.

This happened in the late ’80s. I was driving on a college campus to register for some art classes. A car drove closely behind me clear across the campus. I was miffed. When I got to the registrar’s building I pulled up in a parking space and waited to see what that car would do. It pulled right up behind me and stopped as if to block me in.

I got out, a little afraid. A guy in his 20s I think got out and his face looked like he just saw a ghost. He walked up to me humbly and called me by some girl’s name. I said that’s not my name. He looked surprised and a little hurt. He told me his name and I said I don’t know you. His face looked even more surprised and hurt. Then he said in a pathetic voice “don’t you remember me?” I said no. I sort of felt sorry for him. Then he backed away slowly, almost in tears, got in his car and drove off.

I must’ve been a dead ringer for that girl. He was looking right at me. My question is can doppelgängers be younger versions of you? I was in my 30s at the time. However, I did look in my 20s.
Sure! It has been noted that spirit can take whatever form it wishes! And after all, don't we still see ourselves as 20 in our head?

Reactions: 7Critter
I wonder if he was a ghost and looking for someone to recognize him. And he does that to those that can do the ability you do. You must be a medium. I'm guessing but first thing I thought was maybe he's a lost ghost trying to find someone that will recognize him and he can't go further than that area. And you reminded him of someone that would help him. I ought to write a story on that now. I have seen shows like that and always love them. Just reminded me of that. But it could be you just looked like a relative to him too. Or someone he knew before. Sounds like that guy is a ghost to me though. Wandering spirit type.
He was driving a car so I’m thinking he wasn’t a ghost

I thought of that too. But I've seen stories where they are riding a bike and car so I think they can do it. The car is a part of him somehow. He can't let go the car maybe. There is a scary haunting story here in Ohio. It's of a kid on a street that died and if you park your car there, half an hour later you will see him on his bike and then you die later. That scares me a lot that one. I pray we never know that street. It's an old old city so it's fun to hear or read the history of it with ghostings. Such an old city, I do believe they would be haunted some.

i just posted another doppelganger incident i had and it disappeared. is this board haunted? lol. where did it go??

Reactions: Lynne
i'll write it again. drat. it was in the '90s. i was singing in the church choir and the choir director asked me if i were in the congregation at the 8 o'clock service. i said no. he said are you SURE? i said yes. i mean, why would i be at the 8 o'clock service when i was going to sing at the 11 o'clock service? it didn't make sense. you'd think he'd feel silly for asking. but he asked again a few minutes later. i told him i was at home asleep during the 8 o'clock service. he thought i was pulling his leg. he didn't believe me.

i thought that darn doppelganger was too close for comfort. it's even taken to going to my church. i thought about going to the 8 o'clock service the next Sunday to see if i saw me there but i was afraid. it was too creepy.