Don't

Sigh.....

Sad, I keep this on standby for everyone even thinking about Ouija board use. And BBB, I had put this on your thread accidentally. Here ya go, Sad.

OUIJA BOARDS:

Here we go with my mantra. THESE ARE TOOLS, NOT TOYS! DO NOT TOUCH THEM UNLESS YOU HAVE HAD PROPER TRAINING! AND I DON'T MEAN YOUR AUNT FRANNIE TELLING YOU HOW TO USE THEM!

Why am I adamant about this? Because the majority of activity reported here began with a Ouija board at some point. Yes, they open doorways and portals, but not because they are a Ouija Board. Spirit boards, makeshift boards on tables, drinking glasses for planchettes....they all have the same problems. And that is because of what you are doing when you use these items as toys or even as tools if you are untrained.

First, if you do the usual and just ask "Who's here? Speak to me!" it's the equivilant of you opening up your front door in a dicey neighborhood and letting anyone walk into your home. Proper protections, prayers, intentions and prep should be done before using it at all. I am well trained and will not use one. Why?

Because in order for a spirit or entity to make that planchette move, it has to influence you. It has to be allowed to move your hands, influence your mind, and basically use you as a puppet. And that's where trouble begins.

Remember, we truly don't know exactly what these entities are. We assume many things about what we perceive as paranormal. We have no definitive proof of what we are actually dealing with. We use history, religion, and past experiences to deal with it. We know some things work to stop activity. We don't actually know for sure why it does.
You are very wise on these matters i can tell. I am only at the start of learning but I see you are a healthy sceptic before simply believing it all.

I always wondered why spirits can only get to us through an upside down glass or something like that.
why do the deads need to rely on it what is stopping them being in our lives why do they need a board game to manifest??
it doesnt make sense yet so soooo many people experience this.
sad man trying do you follow a religion?

I don't know. Maybe because it helps in a passive way to let the other side hold you?

I'm agnostic.

Sigh.....

Sad, I keep this on standby for everyone even thinking about Ouija board use. And BBB, I had put this on your thread accidentally. Here ya go, Sad.

OUIJA BOARDS:

Here we go with my mantra. THESE ARE TOOLS, NOT TOYS! DO NOT TOUCH THEM UNLESS YOU HAVE HAD PROPER TRAINING! AND I DON'T MEAN YOUR AUNT FRANNIE TELLING YOU HOW TO USE THEM!

Why am I adamant about this? Because the majority of activity reported here began with a Ouija board at some point. Yes, they open doorways and portals, but not because they are a Ouija Board. Spirit boards, makeshift boards on tables, drinking glasses for planchettes....they all have the same problems. And that is because of what you are doing when you use these items as toys or even as tools if you are untrained.

First, if you do the usual and just ask "Who's here? Speak to me!" it's the equivilant of you opening up your front door in a dicey neighborhood and letting anyone walk into your home. Proper protections, prayers, intentions and prep should be done before using it at all. I am well trained and will not use one. Why?

Because in order for a spirit or entity to make that planchette move, it has to influence you. It has to be allowed to move your hands, influence your mind, and basically use you as a puppet. And that's where trouble begins.

Remember, we truly don't know exactly what these entities are. We assume many things about what we perceive as paranormal. We have no definitive proof of what we are actually dealing with. We use history, religion, and past experiences to deal with it. We know some things work to stop activity. We don't actually know for sure why it does.

Um, we didn't ask those questions.

We're teenage boys. We yelled at the board not to tell us what to do, for 45 minutes.

You are very wise on these matters i can tell. I am only at the start of learning but I see you are a healthy sceptic before simply believing it all.
I was a teenage boy who played with a Ouija board and now I’m 40. I’ve been haunted ever since. Let me tell you, the thing that plagues me isn’t fun, it isn’t nice, and it isn’t my friend. It attacks me when I sleep, it attacks me now when I’m awake as I’ve recently had my house blessed by a priest. Headaches, stabbing pains, dizziness. It follows me everywhere. Trust me we when I say to you that trying to communicate to the other side is a really really bad idea. I’m in the middle of a spiritual battle and it’s not easy. It’s more than I thought it would be. These things are very hard to get rid of. Please save yourself the trouble and lose interest in communicating with the other side. It’s Not worth it!

Last edited:
I always wondered why spirits can only get to us through an upside down glass or something like that.
Actually, they don't. It's the fact that by using it you INVITE them to you. You open the door and set up a beacon that your'e willing to interact. You also give them an instrument to use to communicate with you. You can do the same thing just by opening yourself up to it and saying, "Come on in!" Not a good idea, btw. Mediums who channel can feel the good from the negative energy and know how to block it.

Training, education, knowledge. All things you need to know with the paranormal. Once again...it's not a toy to "play" with.

Actually, they don't. It's the fact that by using it you INVITE them to you. You open the door and set up a beacon that your'e willing to interact. You also give them an instrument to use to communicate with you. You can do the same thing just by opening yourself up to it and saying, "Come on in!" Not a good idea, btw. Mediums who channel can feel the good from the negative energy and know how to block it.

Training, education, knowledge. All things you need to know with the paranormal. Once again...it's not a toy to "play" with.
Yes now you put it like that I can see.
I must say I have heard of kids seemingly going insane with fear after using or having a session. I have heard of the despair some people have had in afterwards.
As a very young child after reading fairytales I would wish to see angels. I would say "fill my room with angels"
I never properly took part in a ouija

I was a teenage boy who played with a Ouija board and now I’m 40. I’ve been haunted ever since. Let me tell you, the thing that plagues me isn’t fun, it isn’t nice, and it isn’t my friend. It attacks me when I sleep, it attacks me now when I’m awake as I’ve recently had my house blessed by a priest. Headaches, stabbing pains, dizziness. It follows me everywhere. Trust me we when I say to you that trying to communicate to the other side is a really really bad idea. I’m in the middle of a spiritual battle and it’s not easy. It’s more than I thought it would be. These things are very hard to get rid of. Please save yourself the trouble and lose interest in communicating with the other side. It’s Not worth it!
Thank you for your testimony. I know you’ve really been through it with this thing. I hope others heed your warnings. I too had some bad experiences after playing with a Ouija board as a teen.

Pretty much what everyone else said. Ouija boards are tools, not toys, much in the same way Tarot cards are tools. I think that my early mistakes with the Ouija board (and other communications methods) taught me a lot, so I won't say "Don't touch them ever." But I think that if you want to get involved with that kind of thing, study up, read up, find skilled practitioners who can teach you.

The biggest thing, Debi already mentioned- You don't know who you're talking to. You don't know what's out there. You don't know when you get gibberish back if it actually means gibberish. What is gibberish to you might actually be an interpretation of something with intent. And you could be dealing with a spirit that it's just mischievous, or you could be dealing with something actually dangerous. Do not believe or trust any message received through any means of mediumship until you are confident in your skills and your understanding. Fizz's experience was somewhat unique in that he was encouraged to get involved with demonology, and that's a big ugly can of worms.

I have had very bad experiences with Ouija, and also some particularly wonderful ones, as well. But they can open the gateway to things that you do not want in your life.
Also, my guess with the message you first received of Don't was probably a guardian spirit, angel, or loved one of you or one of your friends trying to shut down the session before it started.

Reactions: Lynne and Fizz
I hope you win! I don't know much of any prayers, but in a physical battle, singing a song often helps. Does it help in a paranormal battle?

Last edited:
Reactions: Fizz

How does this work?
I mean, this connection between our world and the other side, what's it's properties?