Don't underestimate that act of kindness

I know I have received many acts of kindness and have tried to pay it forward.
Me, too.

My next door neighbor struggles with this concept. Last winter, Mr. Garnet automatically shoveled her front walk each time he did ours. She always felt obligated and would try to give us things to pay us back. I kept telling her that it was not a big imposition because our front walks are not that long, but I can tell she feels uncomfortable being on the receiving end. :)

Me, too.

My next door neighbor struggles with this concept. Last winter, Mr. Garnet automatically shoveled her front walk each time he did ours. She always felt obligated and would try to give us things to pay us back. I kept telling her that it was not a big imposition because our front walks are not that long, but I can tell she feels uncomfortable being on the receiving end. :)
When I was first married my husband was stationed at Ft. Levenworth, I think he had 9 months left in the army so they housed us in temporary officers quarters. It was winter which neither of us had experienced like the extremes in Kansas. It started snowing in September and did not stop until April. Every morning I would go out and shovel our walk way and on Saturday morning my husband would get up early and shovel everyone in the circle's walkway because he didn't know who was shoveling our walk way. I wondered about it for days, then realized why he was doing that. I never told him, and the neighbor's wives thought he was a nice guy. What was weird is that he thought I would not be the one shoveling our walk, but we were from two different worlds. :p

I've always tried to help anyone i could. Sometimes i get a thank you, sometimes i get nothing lol. But, i never really went into it wanting to receive anything anyway, so it works.

I'm a bit sensitive and if people don't thank me I don't do anything for them again. Manners don't cost anything and they need to learn some, lol.
Always felt karma plays a part there. More so to those like that and one day they get their 'awakening'. Either way, someway, somehow, it is passed along and works in the end. That's all we can hope.

Reactions: ozentity
Always felt karma plays a part there. More so to those like that and one day they get their 'awakening'. Either way, someway, somehow, it is passed along and works in the end. That's all we can hope.
Yeah, they'll probably die for not thanking us, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Selectric
Yeah, they'll probably die for not thanking us, lol.
Let's hope it doesn't come down to that extreme lol. I've ran into some really nasty, condescending people through the years and i try to kill them with kindness and intelligence and that usually throws them off lol.

• Love it
Reactions: ozentity