Doing things differently?

I don't know how anyone couldn't but all my kids, their friends and their young kids turn their noses up at it. They would rather processed, artificial food ;ss.
I wish I could taste it!

I remember making hot cocoa from scratch, when my daughter was little. I made some for her and a friend after they had been out sledding, and the friend wrinkled her nose and said she preferred the packaged kind of cocoa mix! IMO, that stuff tastes like dishwater, compared to the real thing.

No Christmas tree for about the third year in a row. Not threadjacking of course, but I think I can speak for everyone - it's been a rough two years but I'm grateful because I've learned a thing or two. Next year WILL be different, no matter the outcome with my dad or how bad things may seem to be. There will be decorations. We will be festive and in far better states of mind. I'm going to live my life. Never does anyone any good to worry.

Last edited:
No Christmas tree for about the third year in a row. Not threadjacking of course, but I think I can speak for everyone - it's been a rough two years but I'm grateful because I've learned a thing or two. Next year WILL be different, no matter the outcome with my dad or how bad things may seem to be. There will be decorations. We will be festive and in far better states of mind. I'm going to live my life. Never does anyone any good to worry.
I hear ya Lone Wolf. I worry about by folks all the time too. They are both in their 80's and have had bouts with health issues. All we can do is live in the moment and be greatful for the times of peace, and rest when you can. Its a lot.