Dog Shoots Man

You'd wonder why he didn't have the safety on.Sometimes the dog is not man's best friend,lol.

Reactions: Paulm and Debi
I can't see that link "due to legal reasons" -

451: Unavailable due to legal reasons
We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, call 972-398-4200.

But is not the first time that dog shoots man - or runs one over in a car.

" A dog was being blamed for an accident in Alabama in which her owner was run over by his four-wheel all-terrain vehicle.
The man, whose name was not released, was seriously injured in the incident, which happened Thursday in Loxley, a local television station reported.
The man pulled into a bakery on Highway 59 with the pooch tied to a leash, the station, WKRG-TV, reported Saturday.

When the dog tried to run off, somehow the leash became tangled with the throttle.

The acceleration threw the man to the ground and the vehicle then rolled on top of him, according to the station.

The highway was shut down so that a chopper could land to airlift the man to the hospital.

Cops took custody of the dog for a brief time, WKRG reported. She wasn’t hurt"

Reactions: Debi
You'd wonder why he didn't have the safety on.Sometimes the dog is not man's best friend,lol.
I taken three different tactical/combat handgun courses, all advise against using safeties. Most concealed carriers I know carry with a chambered round and no safety engaged. I usually carry without a chambered round due to all the time I spend around my granddaughter. If I'm away from her for more than a day or two, I chamber a round but do engage the safety.

I taken three different tactical/combat handgun courses, all advise against using safeties. Most concealed carriers I know carry with a chambered round and no safety engaged. I usually carry without a chambered round due to all the time I spend around my granddaughter. If I'm away from her for more than a day or two, I chamber a round but do engage the safety.
Sounds pretty dangerous over your way Duke,I can't imagine having to carry a weapon all the time.The only people over here that carry firearms in public that I know of are police,bikies / gangsters.Good idea around the kids,I've heard some horror stories there.As the population grows here I think we too will have to protect ourselves more,for now my pitbull,American bulldog crosses generally keep the peace.When I was young a lot of families had firearms, but it was to go hunting and never thought of or needed for protection in most cases.Very strict over here now as you probably know.

Last edited:
Sounds pretty dangerous over your way Duke,I can't imagine having to carry a weapon all the time.The only people over here that carry firearms in public that I know of are police,bikies / gangsters.Good idea around the kids,I've heard some horror stories there.
Not a question of having to carry a weapon, but gun owership it is a right guaranteed under the US Constitution for those of us who opt to avail ourselves of it. Laws vary somewhat from state to state, but for me to have a concealed carry permit in Ohio I have to undergo a criminal and mental health background check every five years. Permit can be revoked for any number of reasons at the discretion of law enforcement and the courts.

Concealed carry permit holders are model citizens, or they wouldn't get the permit.

I always carry with a chambered round and the safety on, plus my main carry is a 1911 so there is also the grip safety. I never tell ppl to carry without the safety on, better to practice regularly to learn how to release it as you draw.... Good to know you stay up to date with training and hopefully range time, I've had a little bit of training myself but still always stay in practice on the range.

Reactions: Lynne
I always carry with a chambered round and the safety on, plus my main carry is a 1911 so there is also the grip safety. I never tell ppl to carry without the safety on, better to practice regularly to learn how to release it as you draw.... Good to know you stay up to date with training and hopefully range time, I've had a little bit of training myself but still always stay in practice on the range.
Was at the range today, in fact. I try to go at least once a month.

Reactions: Lynne
Not a question of having to carry a weapon, but gun owership it is a right guaranteed under the US Constitution for those of us who opt to avail ourselves of it. Laws vary somewhat from state to state, but for me to have a concealed carry permit in Ohio I have to undergo a criminal and mental health background check every five years. Permit can be revoked for any number of reasons at the discretion of law enforcement and the courts.

Concealed carry permit holders are model citizens, or they wouldn't get the permit.
What percentage of the population would be carrying a legal weapon would you say?Not being critical as I feel everyone here should have the right to,just interested.