Does lightning have a paranormal connection?

Hemibox83

Reaction score
Hello everyone. In my search for a paranormal experience, I got to wondering if my lightning events have a connection. Since childhood I have had lightning strike within 50ft of me 4 times. 1st time I was 9 and the electric box in front of my house was struck while I was playing in the living room. 2nd time I was 20, I pulled off the highway during a storm because my wipers quit working and the light pole in front of me was struck. 3rd time I was 28 I was at a mall, I got in my vehicle out of the rain and the light pole on the left of me was struck. 4th time I was 34 and stopped at a stop light coming home from work when a transformer was struck on my right side. 3 were in Florida and 1 in Oklahoma. Just a coincidence?

Hello everyone. In my search for a paranormal experience, I got to wondering if my lightning events have a connection. Since childhood I have had lightning strike within 50ft of me 4 times. 1st time I was 9 and the electric box in front of my house was struck while I was playing in the living room. 2nd time I was 20, I pulled off the highway during a storm because my wipers quit working and the light pole in front of me was struck. 3rd time I was 28 I was at a mall, I got in my vehicle out of the rain and the light pole on the left of me was struck. 4th time I was 34 and stopped at a stop light coming home from work when a transformer was struck on my right side. 3 were in Florida and 1 in Oklahoma. Just a coincidence?
The science says lightning does not "select" or draw itself to individuals. However, those hit by lightning often develop some psychic abilities. Dannion Brinkley is one of these people and you can read about him on the web. He's rather well known and has been struck twice.

I dont know but IMO yes. I can only think of all the Thunder Gods mentioned in history and the significance it has. I remember mom taking me outside on the porch for thunder storms ( of course the house was grounded and the porch was enclosed) she would tell me its the giants bowling. I still remember that to this day. Also the many norse myths she read to me lead me to research Thor and Irish Gods as I grew older . The Lakota have always interested me also and The Thunder Beings and their existence is very real IMO. I was just reading a religious text that mentions thunder and heard a huge clap outside as its raining like crazy outside. Coincidence? Probably. The important thing is to note what events happen in your life when signs occur as we are all different. Keep notes and you may see a pattern. Some people love hawks and I do too but I know when I see one I need to be aware of something in my life.These are all my opinions and mean little. I also knew someone who made a big deal out of everything in nature and got unbalanced. Sometimes its just thunder and sometimes its a sign.

.These are all my opinions and mean little. I also knew someone who made a big deal out of everything in nature and got unbalanced. Sometimes its just thunder and sometimes its a sign.
I think you have very good insight WG by your posts so your opinions being of the sensible nature do mean a lot on here.As you say we need to keep an open mind either way but not get obsessed with everything that happens,some or most are just coincidence or luck but others are something else.

WG, concur with Oz. That was very thoughtful post.
Pro golfer Lee Trevino was hit by lightning 3 or 4 times.
One time he said if there's ever thunder and lightning on a golf course, " I'm going to hold a 1-iron up above my head. Even God can't hit a one-iron.

Pro golfer Lee Trevino was hit by lightning 3 or 4 times.
One time he said if there's ever thunder and lightning on a golf course, " I'm going to hold a 1-iron up above my head. Even God can't hit a one-iron.
Golfers don't count, anyone who walks around an open field carrying metal rods don't count, especially if they do this while holding said rods over their head and challenging GOD.......lol...

Welcome to the forum. It sure sounds like you have an uncanny attraction for this or it’s just an unusual coincidence. I wouldn’t stand out in a storm that’s for sure. I’m glad you haven’t actually been hit! Good thing there was taller things next to you.