Do you....

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
There is a command to keep the sabbath holy and use it as a day of rest. Do you? And how do you do that?
Do you attend church? Refrain from work? What is your Sunday routine?

In this day and age, it can be quite the request!

Who gave the " Command " the church ? God in his infinite wisdom understands that this is impractical in these times yet the command is still there , services are conducted twice a week , wed and sun , so , I believe the church is behind this ! God created the Earth in 6 days and on the seventh he rested .....don't see anyone on Earth creating a new Earth ! So , is it pertinent to follow Gods footsteps....NO !

Reactions: Grinchesbro
I haven't attended church in many years although I do still read the word.As far as the sabbath goes I am just another sinner .There is too much to do ,too little time to do it .I have always heard it said that there is no rest for the wicked,so I gotta keep moving.

Reactions: Debi
I haven't attended church in many years although I do still read the word.As far as the sabbath goes I am just another sinner .There is too much to do ,too little time to do it .I have always heard it said that there is no rest for the wicked,so I gotta keep moving.
Keep moving out of necessity ....Join the club !

You may start work on Friday , Saturday , depending on your schedule . This would mean that Wednesday or Thursday would be your "Sabbath " ;)

I believe we are saved by faith and not by works. Anything we can do is a work. It's not what we can go but what God has already done for us.

I try to reserve Sundays for family since most of my family is off work. If I am hot on a project, I will continue on Sundays while the interest and momentum is there.

That was one of the commandments given to the Jews. They were not given to the rest of the world.
There was a time that god did not care for anyone but the Jews. That is why there is so much blood shed in the old testament, he wanted to set up the promised land for them but they made him angry time and time again.

Reactions: Lynne