Do you...

I'll also sometimes sleep with a small lamp on with a low watt lightbulb. Have ever since I felt a presence in my room a few months ago. I only felt it once but it was enough to make me sleep with the light on that night.
I will confess to night lights in my house! Actually, it's to keep me from tripping over dogs or tubing, not to keep anything away but more to keep me upright. ;)

I will confess to night lights in my house! Actually, it's to keep me from tripping over dogs or tubing, not to keep anything away but more to keep me upright. ;)
I think this happened in mid/late July early August. It was a Saturday night. And I was just more on edge with it for some reason or another that night, and I knew exactly where it was because I could almost feel it looking at me. But again, he/she didn't mean any harm. Never did. It was just an alarming experience. But back to the subject at hand, if we were unfortunate enough to lose power, I had a sound machine in place of the fan. It always worked itself.

Same here! One for upstairs and one for downstairs.

Talk radio, but usually shut it off right before I fall asleep. Ceiling fan in summer. Otherwise like Paul said I want to hear the sounds of the house and that freight train roaring through the night a mile away. There is something very comforting with that.

Night light so I can find the bathroom.
These salt lamps cast a real warm glow.
1669b6c3-d37f-44e8-8e98-5a979a52f3d1_1.97288934102ffd460c28b5106b00309f.png

I will confess to night lights in my house! Actually, it's to keep me from tripping over dogs or tubing,
Funny story. When Mrs Critter and I were first married, I worked and she was a stay at home wife. She would get bored and when cleaning move furniture, sometimes leaving it in a different place than before cleaning. I would wake up in the middle of the night and trip over furniture. I learned to turn on lights after a few mis-adventures.