Do you think Time Travel would be banned?

viprit

Reaction score
So I am a first time poster here so please correct/ bear with me on any mistakes. Also I had drafted an extremely LONG post that went into every nook and cranny but for the sake of not putting people off I cut it down to the main points I had, so if I don't flesh out an entire topic keep that in mind, and please discuss it further below.

So after a decade or two of religiously watching and reading every Science Fiction based movie and book I could find, the absence of mental illness and economic reform related to time travel has always interested me. Throughout the years I have came to the conclusion that even if time travel becomes easily accessible and manipulated, the right to do so would be severely restricted, and almost certainly banned for 99% of people. When you look at movies such as Alien, or Interstellar, it becomes apparent quite quickly that the reality of quickly jumping to a time where everyone you knew was dead, and the culture and values are significantly different, would lead to social or mental dissociation, some form of PTSD, and probably much worse for the vast majority. Even with major psychological testing before hand, this is a large and often overlooked risk.
https://solitaire.onl/ 9apps.ooo/ https://bluestacks.vip/

Last edited:
Well, I think if time travel were discovered by any government they would try and use it to their own advantage somehow and or prohibit it from ever going public of coarse. I mean think of the repercussions that would happen.. If it were discovered the person or person(s) would be highly intelligent enough to know the repercussions of meddling in past affairs, now if it were just given to the public as a form of recreation everyone would be millionaires having gambled on sports the lottery would no longer be of any use considering the fact that every simple minded person would play the past numbers rendering it a dollar winner even though it was jacked up to 8.5 billion dollars that many people would have played, pushing the worlds economy off the gold standard so far that a loaf of bread would cost 2 million and change. I mean...Sure why not? lets all go back in time. oh yeah! :p

So I am a first time poster here so please correct/ bear with me on any mistakes. Also I had drafted an extremely LONG post that went into every nook and cranny but for the sake of not putting people off I cut it down to the main points I had, so if I don't flesh out an entire topic keep that in mind, and please discuss it further below.

So after a decade or two of religiously watching and reading every Science Fiction based movie and book I could find, the absence of mental illness and economic reform related to time travel has always interested me. Throughout the years I have came to the conclusion that even if time travel becomes easily accessible and manipulated, the right to do so would be severely restricted, and almost certainly banned for 99% of people. When you look at movies such as Alien, or Interstellar, it becomes apparent quite quickly that the reality of quickly jumping to a time where everyone you knew was dead, and the culture and values are significantly different, would lead to social or mental dissociation, some form of PTSD, and probably much worse for the vast majority. Even with major psychological testing before hand, this is a large and often overlooked risk.
Hi viprit. Welcome to the ParaNormal Forum. I am fascinated with the idea of time travel, but because of things that you and Armand and others have pointed out, I wish that it's not possible. I'd love to witness past events in history. The temptation would be to want to change some things, perhaps even in my own life. I would rather not have that temptation.

Last edited:
Didn't Steven Hawking prove you can go forward in time but not backward.Don't ask me how he knew.
Einstein did the math on this to. I didn't know about Halking but I assume you are correct .Build a spaceship that can go almost the speed of light. Drive off into outer space for 1 year and then turn around and come back. When you return it's a hundred years in the future.
I've heard a few other explanations, with slightly different numbers. But the major point still holds.
Viprit, that is an awesome conversation starter for your first post.:) Welcome.

Welcome, Viprit.

Adding on from a spiritual angle here...which is rarely covered so I am glad you brought up the topic...it is my belief we are put here in this time to experience this time period and to create it. If we cannot find happiness and joy in this that has been given us to create, we have no reason to believe we would be any happier traveling and living in another time period. We are to experience the now, not the yesterday, not the tomorrow. Which is, in essence, time itself. (This may be clear as mud to some but you may get the general idea.)

53233324_2576093035738761_5664981276952625152_n (Small).jpg