Do you remember...

The Simpsons did a parody on Banachek.
The private eye was a seventies man in modern day Springfield. Of course he tried to seduce Marge.
"Would you like to come up to my apartment and see my corduroy sheets ?"
I didn't know that. Hopefully I can find the entire episode on YouTube.

Peppard really bought into the Polish heritage aspect of his character, even after the series ended. He supported Polish causes and won awards from various Polish-American groups. Ironically, Peppard's heritage was Irish.

Peppard really bought into the Polish heritage aspect of his character, even after the series ended. He supported Polish causes and won awards from various Polish-American groups. Ironically, Peppard's heritage was Irish.
I looked, the full episode isn't on YouTube. There are 3-4 short clips, including the one Ben posted. They got Banacek down perfectly, including his hands in his pants pocket and his pauses between words.

Hard to believe the producers of the Simpsons would base an episode/character on a shortlived TV series that ended almost 50 years earlier and was shown on another network.

I looked, the full episode isn't on YouTube. There are 3-4 short clips, including the one you posted. They got Banacek down perfectly, including his hands in his pants pockets, his clothing, and his pauses between words.

Reactions: Paulm
I looked, the full episode isn't on YouTube. There are 3-4 short clips, including the one you posted. They got Banacek down perfectly, including his hands in his pants pockets, his clothing, and his pauses between words.
could be hard to find the full episode, or any full episode, anywhere. since disney now own the simpsons (and family guy and a few others). disney is tight with their control of content. i think they have a chain of warehouses somewhere with nothing but cease and desist letters just waiting to be sent out...lol

Most of this nostalgia gives me heartburn. Give me the new stuff.

Reactions: Paulm