Do you play...

The police threatened him with citations for any future false alarms. We had a few people come to our house after the neighbors quit answering their door, made Mrs Duke a little nervous. They still had people contacting them looking for money for a 2-3 years.
That's the downside of winning. People pop out of the walls...lol

Reactions: ozentity and Duke
That's the downside of winning. People pop out of the walls...lol
I think they no longer publicize winners by name, or at least not without expressed permission. The guy did some things I thought were ill advised, but he was scared someone would kidnap his kids.

Reactions: ozentity
I think they no longer publicize winners by name, or at least not without expressed permission. The guy did some things I thought were ill advised, but he was scared someone would kidnap his kids.
I can understand the concern.

I think the most I've won is $200 on one ticket. And that was a scratch off of $2. Don't play a lot, but when it first came out in Florida, they front loaded a lot of tickets with $$$ to get people to play the scratch offs. People were buying them like hot cakes. Guilty as charged here. I don't play much at all anymore. The occasional ticket my son gets me has gone on hold since he is worried about it having the virus on it.

I occasionally buy a scratch off ticket for fun or to put in a birthday card. I have never won more than 10 dollars.

I think it was the first lottery winner in Oz that ended very badly for the winner's son. Greed is certainly a deadly sin.

Reactions: Duke
I have anxiety about the lottery an feel like it's a waste of time. but I do..gamble at the slot machines a few times a month, or play blackjack on my phone.